Chapter 14 - Not a Good Lover

"Wake up, Kairo"

There was no response as he seemed to be in a deep sleep and she let out a groan.

"Kairo, Kairo?"

"Hm-hm"

She rolled her eyes as he turned to face her, still not waking up. Once more, Sonia gave his shoulders a stronger shake, and it worked because his eyes immediately opened.

"What the hell is going on?"

She couldn't help but let out a laugh to see his puzzled face as he got up straight and rubbed his face.

"What is it Sonia, I," he yawned as she sat in front of him.

"I want to sleep."

"Wait,"

He was about to lie down again but she held his hand.

"You can't go back to sleep."

"But why?"

"Because I'm bored."

"So?"

He arched a brow at her.

"So, let's go out."

"What do you mean, at this time?"

"Yeah, let's explore the town. Let's find a nightclub and get drunk."

He narrowed his eyes while considering her idea which by the way didn't sound too bad to him but he was hesitant.

"I don't know."

He tilted his face as she let out another groan.

"Oh, come on, Kai, since when did you become so boring?"

"You are upset," he let out a sigh as she darted her eyes.

"You're upset over the mention of your parents and want to get wasted and forget about it."

He was right. She knew she wouldn't be able to sleep the entire night. Any mention of her deceased parents would make her uncomfortable, as those who knew her well would tell. As he was about to touch her face she stepped off of his bed.

"Alright, I'll go alone if you do not wish to join me."

She turned around and was about to leave but halted when he grabbed her hand.

"Hold on, that is not what I meant. Are you sure? We are in a new place."

"Yup, I am sure."

"Okay, but what about Hunt and Elif?"

"Not them, just us."

She smiled broadly at him.

"Hunter will be so mad."

"We will return soon. No one would know, please let's go."

Kairo's lips slightly quirked up as he nodded at her.

****

"Young Lord?"

His flaming eyes flashed at the man as he was about to step into his car.

"You leaving the mansion at this time of the night won't be preferred by the Big Lady."

The man spoke while bowing his face but in the next instant, he had to gasp as He grasped his neck.

"I am not answerable to you and you will not inform Grandma."

"Y...Young Lord, I am only doing my duty."

His lips formed a sinister smirk upon hearing the man's words.

"And I'll bury you six feet under if you don't shut your mouth."