Chapter 3 - Beauty

"Ewww God"

She murmured as she observed individuals sucking off one another's faces. She rolled her eyes when she noticed Kairo kissing the neck of a pretty woman. Sonia giggled as she walked past them as he gave her a wink. With wobbly steps, she walked inside and came out minutes later.

"Ouff I need to find Eric or Hunt. I think I'll faint soon."

While standing outside and placing her hand on the wall for support, she muttered under her breath. She was aware of her highly intoxicated state. As she was ready to dial the number after removing her phone from her bag, Nico's cologne suddenly enveloped her. 

She turned her head up to look into his eyes.

"Hey, have you seen—"

She had to let out a gasp and was unable to complete her words when his arm encircled her waist tugging her closer to him.

"What—"

"I have been looking for you."

He spoke as she frowned at him.

"Nico I...umm"

When he crashed his lips on hers, her eyes widened due to utter shock.

"What are you doing?"

Sonia pushed him off of her in a fit of fury. Her palms were clenched while she glared at him.

"I am—"

He appeared confused. He was drunk as well.

"What is going on here?"

Thankfully Eric walked up to them and Sonia let out a breath.

"I want to go home. Please take me home."

He nodded at her as she grasped his hand tightly. While Nico turned away holding onto his hair, Eric and Sonia walked away from him.

"I feel like something happened back there."

While adjusting the seat belt around her he questioned her.

"Nothing happened, can you please take me home quickly? I don't feel good."

Although he looked unconvinced to hear her yet he nodded.

"You look pale Sonia, something must have happened, tell me."

"Eric please believe me."

She replied as the memory of Nico kissing her all of a sudden didn't fit well with her. Fortunately, the sound of his phone's ringtone helped in cutting off the tension between them. Sonia looked out sighing while he talked with Hunter over the phone.

"He is worried about you."

He said minutes later but she couldn't wait to reach her apartment. She was mostly restless because she wanted to tell Elif about what had happened. 

She had no intention of telling Eric about it because she was certain he would tell her brother, which could make matters worse. She thanked him before stepping off his vehicle as Eric too got down.

"Wait, Sonia"

"What would I have done without you?"

She smiled, turned around, and hugged him. She was glad he arrived at the right time preventing her from punching Nico.

"Will you be able to walk straight? Let me take you."

"Yeah, yeah I am good. You don't have to come upstairs, I'll manage good night."