Chapter 17 - Not a Piece of Cake to Devour

"Where is my Grandson, Mustafa?"

She asked in a displeasing tone. They were seated at the breakfast table and Aleyna was sitting next to her.

"Young Lord has refused to come downstairs for breakfast, Big Lady. He wished to eat in his room."

Upon hearing his reply, the aged woman's eyes flashed with great fury while Aleyna clenched her palms under the table. She knew Zolton was on purpose avoiding her. His actions had made it clear but she wasn't someone to back down so easily.

Thump!

The other persons present, shivered in fear when the Big Lady smashed her hands on the table, well except for Raya who was eating silently.

"How Dare He!"

She screamed as Mustafa lowered his face. Raya, however, had a smirk visible on her face. She was quite enjoying the situation.

"Calm down, please Big Lady."

Her eyes softened to hear Aleyna's sugary tone as she placed her hand over the aged woman's shoulder.

"Maybe Grandma, I mean Big Lady,"

Everyone's attention shifted toward Raya as she looked at her grandmother, smirking.

"Maybe your days of rule and power are simply coming to an end, don't you think?"

Before anyone could respond, they heard his approaching footsteps.

"I am here, grandma, don't start an argument because of me."

His gruff voice echoed over the surroundings.

"Sit down and eat."

Zolton nodded and then sent his sister a warning to keep her lips shut with his gaze. Raya saw that their mother was preparing to serve her brother soup, but Zolton ignored her and allowed his grandma to serve him instead, upsetting their mother.

She sighed while running her hand over her face.

****

She entered the room with brave steps and stood in front of the mahogany desk, where Danyal was seated and wearing an intense expression.

"Good morning, Sir."

Sonia wished him with a bright smile while completely ignoring Ezra's presence, who was standing right beside his father.

"What did you do this time?"

Elif asked, sighing, she and Hunter were seated on the nearby couch with a puzzled expression, and about Kairo, Sonia internally smiled as she knew he would still be asleep as it was quite early in the morning.

"I don't know," Sonia spoke while shrugging, "did I do something?"

"Elif, didn't you tell your friend about our culture, about our rules and the way things go in here?"

Sonia frowned as she saw Elif lowering her face. Her form was even trembling a little bit.

"Forgive her, Dad. She doesn't know."

"Hold on. Why should he forgive me, Elif?"

"Sonia, don't"

"Sir, will you please tell me what I did wrong for Elif to ask forgiveness on behalf of me?"

Upon hearing her direct tone, Danyal raised his brow in her direction.

"A respectable woman doesn't go to a club in the middle of the night only prostitutes do."

Hunter was ready to get up and charge at Ezra when he spoke in an aggressive tone, but Elif stopped him and shook her face at him. Sonia's eyes widened at the choice of words, and a small gasp left her lips.

"Is that so? Mr. Romani?"

"It is so Miss Sahin."

Sonia's lips curled up as she nodded at Ezra, before fixing her gaze on the aged man.

"Well, then a respectable man should also not try to manhandle a woman right?"

Danyal leaned back, urging her with his eyes to continue speaking.

"In that case, didn't you tell your father, Mr. Romani, how you held my arm forcefully and dragged me out of the club last night, how you screamed at me out of nowhere? Didn't you tell him how your behavior and actions toward me were not at all that of a respectable man?"

Hunter could take it no more as he stood up with clenched palms but one look from his sister and he shook his face.

"I didn't expect this from you, brother. You know you cannot treat her like that. She is my best friend."

Elif let out an angry tone.

"I did whatever was necessary to protect your beloved friend."

"That wasn't protection."

Sonia glared at Ezra as he glared back before taking a few steps toward her.

"Keep your mouth shut."

"Or what? Ezra Romani? You will manhandle me again? Try it and this time I'll punch your face."

Bewildered, Ezra, by her audacity to speak to him in such a tone, made him glanced at his father who was silently observing her.

"Dear, my son was only trying to protect you."

"With due respect, Sir, I don't need your son's protection because," she breathed, "he doesn't own me."

Danyal gave her a slight nod while he could feel his son's fuming rage.

"You are not aware of the dangers of this place, if you would have been you would have thanked my son."

Sonia almost rolled her eyes at him but somehow she controlled herself.

"The Marchessis are killers. If they come to know about your connection with us they won't hesitate to slaughter you, dear."

Sonia and Hunter frowned while gazing at each other as Danyal continued to speak.

"So, you must be aware of your limits while you are here. Keep in mind you are not in the city."

'I wish you would tell your son about his limits.'

Sonia thought, scoffing within.

"This may be a conservative town, yet I strongly disagree with the fact that visiting a club makes a woman a whore, Sir. According to me, a woman has all the rights to enjoy herself, if she wants to."

Although she said those words to the Big Master, her eyes were fixed on the Young Master. Ezra on the other hand was not only struck by her beauty but also by her bravery and her attitude. He was majorly turned on by her and wanted her beneath him at all cost but he was aware the feisty woman wouldn't be a piece of cake to devour.

"I get your point of view."

Danyal spoke as he glanced at his younger daughter.

"But, since you are in my land and you dared to go against the values of this land you will be punished, Miss Sahin."

"What did you say?"

Hunter's voice almost raised.

"What punishment, Dad, she is our guest."

Elif too raised her voice as she stood up as well.

"I don't believe this."

Scoffed, Sonia as she crossed her arms and gazed at her best friend.

"Now you know why I refuse to come here?"

Elif said after advancing toward Sonia.

"Dad—"

She paused when he raised his hand.

"Because she is our guest, her punishment won't be severe."

"Let her clean the entire horse stable, Dad."

Ezra said, smirking.

"Today, I shall kill your brother and go to hell."

Sonia whispered in Elif's ears, causing her to sigh and rub her forehead.