Chapter 22- To Behold Her Face

As the wind blew through her bangs, she smiled taking in the fresh cold air, not bothering at all to adjust her open hair. Her handsome alpha galloped through the empty road.

To be honest she wasn't even aware where her new friend was heading off to, as her eyes were closed reminiscing about the moment when all of a sudden she heard a sound that had her gasping in shock and fear and seconds later she was on the ground groaning in pain.

She turned her eyes to see the horse standing next to her, looking at her as if he was upset to see her condition. Even though she only met the strong animal and befriended him hours ago, she seemed to have formed a bond.

She let out a sigh. Sonia was angry at the realization of someone else's presence and the cause of her fall.

She snapped her eyes in the direction and saw another horse, a black one. As her angry gaze went up it was then she was met with what she would be calling him in the future - The Darklord.

And indeed he was, eyes as black as coal staring at her with a perilous gaze as if he was pissed off. Now why was he, when she should be the one angry at the man for coming in front of her with his horse and making her horse stumble which resulted in her losing her balance? 

Anyway, she should have listened to Oliver when she was told not to take off the horse's halter and the lead that was attached to it, but what could she have done?

All she wanted was for the poor thing, to experience the same level of freedom as herself. After glaring back at the man aka Darklord with the same intensity, like hell she would let a man intimidate her.

She removed her eyes off of him and decided to get back up and that was when she knew he got down. Sonia smirked under the satin scarf which was wrapped around her mouth, covering half of her face, preventing him from seeing her. Of course, She recognized the man immediately as her lips parted in awe at the tricks of fate.

As pain surged through her being, she hissed before trying to get back on her legs. She sensed her wounded arm. While Zolton stood tall right beside her with a scrutinizing gaze not even offering her a hand of help. She looked back at him as their gazes locked for the second time. Sonia noticed his eyes stopping on her bleeding arm. 

His hand rose to remove the scarf but she took a step back from him causing him to frown for a minute and then she saw him casually put his hand inside his pocket before pulling out a white handkerchief as he extended it toward her. 

She waited for him to speak but he didn't so she said nothing as well until he clutched onto her right arm, not being able to bear the unbearable silence between them.

"Take it"

He uttered as she narrowed her eyes at him. She was about to respond but her words halted when she heard her name being called.

"Sonia!"

She turned around to have her gaze matched with Ezra's furious one. His form was shaking, his fists were clenched.

Moreover, she also spotted her brother's car advancing in her direction. Within a few strides, the Young Master reached them and the first thing he did was show his claim over her in front of his rival by holding her waist but it didn't last long because she swiftly withdrew his hand from her.

"Sonia"

When the Young Lord rolled out her name slowly for the first time, her attention shifted to him and it felt like heaven to her ears.

"I assume you're hurting. Shall I take you to the doctor?"

"Don't talk to her!"

Ezra spoke, gritting his teeth and grabbing her arm to pull her behind him.

"Forget the doctor, an apology would be delightful."

She retorted, once again removing Ezra's hold from her. This was the second time Zolton had been impressed by Sonia's attitude; Her behavior was significantly different from that of the women in the town.

They were taught to be obedient and fearful from a very young age, however, it wasn't the case with the woman standing in front of him. 

His only wish at the moment was to behold her face. However, Ezra was making every effort to resist taking his gun out and aiming it at his enemy. The two guys then averted their keen gazes from her and internally cursed at each other, both ready to shoot each other if she hadn't been standing between them.

"You must be a guest."

"You should leave."

Before Sonia could answer Zolton, Ezra spoke out.

"I am not talking to you but her."

Zolton, who hated disruptions, stepped closer to Ezra, and Ezra also took a step forward while Sonia took a step back on purpose.

"Got into trouble again, Candy?"

She rolled her eyes before turning back to see a smirking Kairo walking in her direction with a frowning Hunter following him.

"Let me see what you did this time."

As soon as they reached her, Kairo wrapped his arm around her shoulder tugging her toward him, while Hunter said, examining her minor injury.

"Nothing much,"

Sonia mumbled, hissing a little while Ezra's eyes snapped at Kairo, Zolton appeared puzzled to see the two men casually asking her. Because it wasn't the first time Sonia got herself into trouble and harmed herself. From their perspective, it was a normal occurrence.

"We are going back."

"You and I need to talk, Ezra Romani."

Hunter's tone was deep before he looked toward the unknown man, arching his brow at him. Zolton's lips quirked up before he extended his handkerchief.

"It will prevent the blood."

While sending him a brief nod, Hunt was about to accept the cloth.

"No need. Kai, give me yours."

She said, making Hunt's hand halt.

"Got you"

He answered before scooping her up in his arms and proceeding toward the car causing Ezra to exhale out of jealousy while Zolton too felt a slightly unfamiliar sensation growing in his body. Hunter gave the two men a final look before turning to leave as well.

"Who is she, Romani?"

With his eyes riveted on her, Zolton inquired. While Kairo was seen wrapping his handkerchief around her arm, she was leaning against the car.

"Marchessi, she is not your damn concern!"

"That is where you are wrong, Romani, she is my damn concern if she is on my side of the town. Thank her! For she saved your life or else you coming here without my permission would have cost your life."

A scoff left Ezra's mouth as he smiled bitterly.

"If not for my guests, right now you would have been buried deep under the soil but brave of you to think you could actually threaten me with my life because I don't care."

Zolton let out a dark chuckle. "Take your animal and get lost!"

He swiftly got back on his horse after saying that, waiting for Sonia to give him a glance. Before he galloped off, their gazes locked for a brief moment.

'Finally you see me.'

Her mind had a thought as she stepped inside the car.