Chapter 18. "BROTHER"

CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18.
"BROTHER"

3RD PERSON'S POV:

Liz, Damon, Jason, Victoria, Brina and Elena approach the safe that Stefan was locked in, washed up onto land. "We didn't find anything in the quarry, but a deputy found this a few miles away. Didn't open it. If Stefan's been in there for three months...chances are he's hungry."

Damon lifts the top of the safe open, and they see a bloody corpse inside.

"Oh, my God. That's not Stefan." Brina said hugging Victoria who quickly closed her eyes hugging back.

"Well, you were right. He was hungry. I bet he still is." Jason said sharing a look with Victoria and Brina. They have to find Stefan. No matter what happens, they will find Stefan.

___________________

In the Salvatore boarding house, downstairs, Elena writes in a notebook, then pauses to pick up Stefan's daylight ring and look at it pensively. Damon enters the room. Sabrina, Jason, Ellie, Scott and Victoria walked behind him.

"So I have found 9 bars along Route 29, and none of them are called 'Joe's'." Damon said.

"I had a feeling that there was something wrong all summer, and I ignored it. But I was right, Stefan was in a safe, and probably killed whoever it was that found him...I know it sounds crazy, that I am following some psychic dream, but it's the only lead that we have." Elena said making others (expect Damom) roll their eyes.

"It doesn't sound crazy—it is crazy. But I am open-minded." Damon said and Katherine joins them.

"Shotgun. What? I get carsick in the back seat. Another charming, human side effect you stuck me with." Kathrine said.

"Please tell me that she's not coming?" Sabrina and Victoria said at the same time.

"Trust me, I have no interest in Katherine's well-being, but for some reason Silas wants her real bad, and if Silas wants her, I want her more." Damon said and Jason looked at him disgusted.

"It's sounds like... you know" Jason said and Damon glared at him.

"Can't we just stash her in the cellar? Or maybe a deep, dark well with a pair of water wings?" Elena asked and Jason nodded as Scott shook his head.

"For the first time in my life, I agree with double bitch. Let's do it." Jason said making Ellie and Victoria to laugh.

"Hey, it's my sister we are talking about" Scott said.

"Thanks Scotty"  Katherine said with small smile. Then she looked at Elena "Do you really think that I wanna take a road trip with you, America's most boring, self-righteous vampire? Just remember, Damon wouldn't have to play bodyguard if you hadn't shoved that cure down my throat."