Chapter 23

When Saeko came back to Konoha, Sasuke was elevated, the girl's absence had made him realise just how much and how hard he had fallen for her. He had no intentions on messing up this time. He was going to use all his Uchiha charm and make his wife fall in love with him. 

When he sensed the girl's chakra in the village he quickly went and bought flowers for her, and got some ramen on take away. He had restocked her chocolate stash and cleaned the entire house. He was ready.

<3

When Saeko came back to Konoha, she was tired, exhausted, her mission had gone well but then she had to go to Suna and fix a political misunderstanding between the Kages as the future Hokage and Jinchuriki of Konoha.

Sure hanging out with Gaara was fun, but all she wanted right now was to go home, take a shower and sleep. Sleep was something she had barely gotten the past year, with constantly being on alert and spying, sleep had been the last thing on her mind the past months.

She also wanted to visit her students and hug them all, they all must have grown so much by now. Although they probably had a different jonin sensei now, since Saeko had to start her Hokage training.

With those thoughts in her mind, she entered the Hokage office through the window, shooting Tsunade a tired smile before handing her the mission report, that was when she sensed the chakra of the kids and Shikamaru funnily enough.

She drank some water by the time the four of them entered the office, the kids running to her and giving her an hug, she got down on her knees as she hugged all three of them, telling them that she was alright, getting a very excited summary of all the things they had learned, the missions they had done. Saeko smiled her bright smile at them.

She exchanged greetings with Shikamaru, him sensing her exhaustion sent her home. Saeko quickly jumped from roof to roof until she reached her house that she shared with Sasuke.

She almost sighed at his name, she was not excited about meeting him. She wondered if he was gonna throw those bitter words at her again. Or maybe it would be another Chidori, who knows.

With that happy thought she unlocked the house and entered. To say she was surprised to see Sasuke there, waiting for her, with a smile on her face, flowers-sunflowers, her favorite- in his hand offering them to her, would be the understatement of the century. 

She took the flowers he handed her, and watched him as he bent down to help her out of her sandal-which had a bit of blood on them- and then beckoning her inside. She followed him to the kitchen, where once again surprisingly two bowls of hot ramen awaited.

"I sensed your chakra entering the village and figured you probably wanted to have ramen. You know since you probably didn't have any during the mission." That was true, she hadn't had any ramen in a while and had planned to get some right after she showered.

But to come home to it? That was unexpected, but also very sweet.

"Okay Sasuke, I get it, you're what still feeling bad about what happened? Well you can keep your fucked up pity to yourself." The bitter words left her mouth, even though all she wanted was to sit there and cry, cause there was someone who was waiting for her at home, someone who had bought her favorite flowers and ramen just cause she came from a mission.

But that was exactly what Sasuke wanted wasn't it? For her to lower her guard so he could break her heart all over again?