Chapter 18

Tsunade was surprised to see Saeko in her office so early in the morning. The girl had slipped in through the window and was yet to say her usual greetings. When the girl finally looked her in the eye, Tsunade's eyes widened when she saw that Saeko's eyes were tinted red, she looked like she had barely slept. 

Before she could say anything, Saeko beat her to it, in a low voice she said, "Baa-chan I know you haven't replaced me in ANBU yet, let me do a mission or two, please, I will kill someone if I stay in the village any longer right now."

To say that the Hokage was shocked to hear her words would be the understatement of the millennial, unable to decline her, she cleared her throat and took out a scroll with mission information and handed it to Saeko who nodded, "I'll have someone take over my team for today" was all Tsunade heard before the girl vanished from her sight.

<3

While Saeko collected her Kitsune mask and her ANBU uniform and greeted her former team, her current team members stood confused about why this random guy was teaching them today instead of their dear sensei. Well, he was random for them, but it was actually someone Saeko cared about very much, Iruka! The kids warmed up to him soon, knowing that he used to teach at the academy and had taught Saeko. 

Although the one person who was the happiest to see him was well guess who- Kakashi of course. The copy ninja was extremely pleased to see his boyfriend, although he was worried about his dear former student, Saeko loved teaching these kids and from what he could read on Sasuke's face, he didn't know where the girl was either. 

Upon interrogating Iruka the pair found out that, Saeko had shown up at Iruka's house early in the morning wearing her ANBU clothes and had asked him to fill in for her today. Iruka had of course agreed, he loved teaching children and seeing that Saeko was in her ANBU uniform she must have an important errand to run.

Soon, Iruka and team 7 headed towards the Hokage office for a mission and Kakashi and Sasuke started their spar. "Ne ne Sasuke, do you know what the ANBU uniform looks like?" Sasuke nodded, "Ok but have you seen Saeko's ANBU clothes?". 

Seeing his confused expression, Kakashi continued, "This is not something that many people know but Saeko is not just normal ANBU she is the assassinator of Konoha. She has killed a lot of enemies, her name is there in the bingo book twice, once as Uzumaki Saeko and then as the red kitsune. No one other than elite jonins know that the red kitsune is from Konoha, and barely 10 people know that it's Saeko"

Sasuke's eyes widened at hearing that, it seemed that he had once again underestimated the dobe. The girl just might be more powerful than him. As the day passed and their training came to an end. Kakashi asked Sasuke if he could tag along with him since he wanted to make sure that Saeko came back safely. Sasuke agreed, and the duo stopped by a restaurant for dinner before heading to the Uchiha-Namikaze-Uzumaki house.

The two of them talked about jutsus for a little while before falling into silence waiting for their sweet blonde sunshine to come back. 

Well, she did come back, very late yes, but in the end she did. Sasuke thought he had himself prepared for what he would be seeing when she came but nothing could have prepared him for the sight in front of him.

Saeka unlocked the door and entered the house as if she wasn't completely covered in blood. Seeing the two widen their eyes she laughed, yes she laughed before telling them it wasn't her blood. 

Like that made anyone feel better.

Other than patches of blood here and there, Saeko looked fresh and her face looked slightly free. Her assassinator clothes were well in short they were gorgeous they were mostly white other than red patterns and her kitsune mask was pretty similar. Sasuke could only imagine how she ran and jumped and killed wearing that though. 

It was different, very very different from her usual style

It was different, very very different from her usual style. The girl smiled at Kakashi completely ignoring her husband. "Kakashi-sensei! What are you doing here so late?"

"Well, everyone was worried about you Saeko! I wouldn't have been able to sleep before making sure that you were safe and sound and back home. I'll head out now, Iruka will probably be equally worried so I'll tell him your back too. Bye!"

And then he disappeared in a poof. Sasuke watched as she washed her hands at the kitchen sink before heating water in a kettle and taking out her instant ramen. He watched as she sat on the dining table eating like all this was completely normal. Before he could think about it his mouth opened "I'm sorry Saeko."

Both of them were shocked by his words, Saeko for the first time that day looked at Sasuke. He could see that below everything the girl was just very tired. 

"Sasuke I really don't care, you said what you thought. I lot of people used to think that and I can no longer bring myself to care. I'm sorry that you're stuck with a monster but in the end, it is what it is"

<3

Thnx for reading
Don't forget to vote, comment and follow!