Part 37

Arnav's Farmhouse

Due to the medicines's effect, Arnav was sleeping in his room. From the time they reached home, Khushi didn't leave his side. She was still holding his hand and kept caressing his hair. She was controlling herself from crying out loud. She didn't want to hurt Arnav more. Whatever Arnav saw and is going through now was enough. She promised herself that whoever may come and whatever may happen, she isn't going to leave him alone, she would stay beside him and bring back Arnav that hiding in him soon.

Aman came to Arnav's room with a plate in his hand and kept it on the side table, "Khushi, you should eat now."

Khushi shook her head, still looking at Arnav worriedly. Gulping even one little morsel was going to be difficult for her.

Aman sighed, he knew didn't want to Khushi budge in a situation like this but he had no choice. She had to take care of herself to take care of Arnav, so he said, "Khushi, Arnav will be upset if you won't take care of yourself. Do you want that?"

Khushi again shook her head. His words were true. He’d be upset if she remained hungry and it would only add to his sorrows. She sat straight at once, took her plate, and started eating. After finishing eating one roti with sabzi, she kept it back.

"Bhai, please send soup in a hotpot. If he wakes up, he needs to have something. And tell others to eat too." Khushi said in a hoarse voice.

Aman nodded his head and left the room.

Khushi kept caressing his hair, "Get well soon, Arnav. Humari chotisi duniya humara intezaar kar rahi hai."

(Our little world is waiting for us.)

She wanted him to recover soon and take him to their new little world where there wouldn’t be even a shadow of those toxic people near them. Kissing on his forehead, she settled herself beside him properly.

************************************

Aman was walking around the hall back and forth continuously. This was the first time Meera saw an angry Aman and Aryan as well. And nobody can mellow their anger except for one and that is Arnav who is lying sick on his bed.

Meera cleared her throat to get their attention, “Aman, Aryan. Calm down.”
She tried to calm them down as being angry isn't going to be any good.

Aman looked at her in disbelief, “Calm down? Seriously Meera? How should I calm down when I came to know that Arnav was suffering like hell and he didn't even share this with us? How should I calm down when I know the people who are the reason behind his suffering are still living freely without an ounce of guilt? They had killed my friend’s soul and there’s no regret on their face, not even a little. How should I? Tell me, Meera?”

He flared his nose, gritting his teeth, murdering all of them in his head for the 100th time. And then his voice became weak, emotional, and broken,  “I .. I can’t see him like this. He has broken beyond limits now. How should we bring him back?” A stubborn tear fell from his eyes.

Meera gulped the lump formed in her throat, whatever he was saying was an absolute truth but they couldn’t cry over it. Arnav doesn’t need more sorrows. He needs smiles and a happy place. “We will bring him back Aman, we will. Trust your friendship with him and Khushi’s love for him. His friends are with him and most importantly his love his Mithhu is with him. And if any counseling session is required, I am here. Please control yourself. This Aman will hurt Arnav. So, just try to be that irritating ever clingy friend of Arnav which can bring a smile to his face.”

Aman chuckled, “I am not clingy, Meera.”

Aryan who understood what Meera was trying to say jumped at the opportunity, “You are, Aman. The way you always find a chance to hug Arnav and tease Khushi. Kabhi kabhi tum aur Khushi sautan lagti ho mujhe.”