Part 21

Anjali whispered, "Chottey?"

Arnav moved towards her, took the jug from her hand, gave it to HP, then held her shoulder, and helped her to sit on the sofa. Then he kneeled in front of her and held her hand, with concerned eyes, he softly said, "Di, just listen without interrupting, Hmm? Please don't think like them, I just want you to come out of this grief soon."

Anjali shook her head, "I will Chottey, but what's the need of taking sessions? I am fine. My family is with me in this situation and their support is enough for me. Your care and Shyamji's love will help me to recover soon."

Shyam barged into the conversation, making an over-sweet pitiful face, "That's what I am trying to make him understand, Rani Saheba, but Salesahaab wants to get you treated by Khushiji's doctor as if you are becoming mad. I am telling him that RaniSaheba is sad only."

Arnav clenched his jaw and clasped his fist tight, stopping himself from punching this man. Shyam is getting on his nerves nowadays, with a deadpan expression and cold voice, "Will you stop dragging Khushi in everything JIJAJI?  I warned everyone before this only that the consequences won't be good if anyone will blame Khushi, HOPE YOU REMEMBER THAT. " Shyam shifted back fearfully, he knew it was better to stop now otherwise Arnav would doubt him. 

Anjali was looking at Arnav and before she said something, Arnav looked at her and asked, "Di, I am sorry for reminding you this again but can you please tell us how you fell from the stairs that day to us? Did anyone push you?" He knew it would hurt his di but it was needed so that these people stop blaming that innocent soul.

Anjali gasped and widened her eyes, "No, chottey, nobody pushed me. How can you say that? Why will anyone push me? My leg got slipped and I.. I.. Fell, lost my baby. My Rajkumari." And tears fell from her eyes, and Arnav stood up and hugged her to console her.

Then Arnav broke the hug and glanced at Shyam and Manorama, "Hope your doubts are cleared now Mami." Scared of Arnav, Manorama embarrassingly nodded her head, then Arnav looked at Shyam who tried to intervene again, showing his palm to Shyam, "If you are thinking that maybe Khushi spilled oil on the stairs then listen Khushi was with me the whole day and after coming back at RM she was with Sheetal and I asked Sheetal whether Khushi was doing anything with oil she said no. I hope your doubt is clear now. Now stop blaming her or dragging her, and don't compel me to get your law degree verified by my private investigators."

Everyone gasped at his words. Devyani couldn’t stop herself from reprimanding Arnav, clearing her throat, Devyani said, "Chottey, What are you saying? Don't forget he is the son-in-law of Raizada. Is this a way to talk with him? I agree whatever Damadji said was absurd but think about that situation, he lost his child at that time."

Arnav stared at her in disbelief, "Nani, he is talking rubbish now also, if I think from your way then maybe his brain is also badly affected by this, so even he needs treatment."

Manorama widened her eyes and mumbled, "Hello hi bye bye." Though she wanted to say something but didn't, as who knows if Arnav sent her to a mental asylum too. 

Anjali abruptly stood up, frustrated at her brother’s words, "Enough, Chottey, What happened to you? Why are you forcing me and Shyamji to take treatment? Do you think that we are mentally ill? How can you insult Shyamji like this? Enough of this, I don't want to hear anything regarding treatment and all. Neither I nor Shyam is going to take any counseling sessions from any doctor.'' With this, she held Shyam's hand and left from there with Shyam without giving heed to her brother's talks. 

Devyani was disappointed with Arnav’s actions, "Chottey, you hurt our Anjali betiya. This is not done. She is already miserable and you added more to it. What's needed to ask her for counseling sessions? We are here to look after her."