Part 5

Unknown place

After disconnecting the call, Shyam threw the mobile on the bed and started throwing things on the table just to take out his frustration. Whatever he planned seems to fail now. His Salle Sahab just ruined everything by not postponing Payash's marriage. Shyam raked his hand through his hair and tried to cool down his nerves. And sat defeated on the bed and thought what should I do now? Why are my plans failing again and again? If this marriage didn't happen then there would be fewer chances of me being caught. Now I should plan something else. It's good that Khushi is not in sense so she is less harmful to me but I have to find a way to keep her away from Raizadas too now. First I need to stop Guptas from spilling the beans so that I can get what I want. Rani Sahiba I am coming. With determination in his eyes, Shyam started packing.

******************************"*****

At City Hospital

Khushi saw a fruit basket kept on the table, looked toward Arnav, and said, "Arnav, I want to eat Apple. Please give me that apple which is on the left corner in the basket."

Arnav just stood up and took one apple which was on top, Khushi stopped him and demanded, "Not that one Arnav.....one on the left side."

Arnav raised his eyebrow, "What's the difference in that? Both are apples only."

Khushi cutely explained to him, "Left side wala jyada red iss liye (The apple on the left side is more red)."

Arnav just shook his head and took that specific apple and knife, sat on the sofa which was beside Khushi's bed, and started cutting the apple. While cutting a piece of the apple, the knife slipped from his hand and he accidentally cut his finger, Arnav hissed in pain. It was a small cut but when khushi saw blood running through his wounded finger, she started crying, "Arnav....blood...blood..."

"Khushi, it's okay, stop crying. It is not deep cut...shhh....stop crying..." Arnav tried to console her but Khushi was not ready to stop her waterworks.

The nurse who was coming there to check Khushi's vitals saw a cut on Arnav's finger and asked him, "Sir let me do the first aid."

Arnav nodded and looked toward Khushi who was hiccupping now and with his other hand, he held Khushi's hand, "See Khushi, Nurse is doing first aid. Now it is okay."

Khushi looked at the Nurse who was tying the band-aid on Arnav's finger, "Aunty slowly please, it should not pain him. Please do it slowly." Clutching Arnav's hand in her tight grip as if it was her finger that was injured. Arnav was amused at this child, how caring this Khushi is. She was crying for him as if she felt his pain. She was ordering the Nurse to do first aid properly, her care and concern for him surprised him.

After completing first aid, the Nurse went to check Khushi's vitals and Arnav called her, "Can you cut this apple?"

The nurse nodded and after completing her work and noting down something on the report, she started cutting the apple and kept it on a plate. After the Nurse left, Arnav took the plate and kept it in front of Khushi who was now bowing down her head even not looking at him or the apple. So, Arnav said to her calmly "Khushi, here take this apple and eat.'

Khushi looked up with tear-filled eyes and shook her head left to right, "No, I don't want to eat that Apple."

Arnav raised his eyebrows and asked, "Why? What happened? You wanted to eat it naa..."

"No...noo...no...I won't eat it because this apple only cuts your finger. I am not going to eat that apple." she kept denying.

Arnav took the plate in his hand and picked up one slice of the apple and move his hand toward Khushi and gestured for her to eat and said, "It's neither your mistake nor the apple's mistake that my hand got injured, it's my mistake that I couldn't hold the Apple properly. Okay, now come on, eat this, otherwise, I will give it to the doctor."