Part 28

Khushi was horrified when she heard that everyone knew the truth. When did this happen? For a few days, she was staying in Penthouse, which means they knew the truth this week. How was everyone dealing with it? What must Anjaliji be feeling and her Jiji? Raizadas and Guptas too. It must be horrible. Is Raizada's family blaming her for this? Manorama Mami must have been troubling Payal. How was Anjali coping with this truth? She worriedly looked at Arnav, "When did they come to know about this?"

Arnav though didn't want to relive that moment but he can't leave Khushi like this, this might be stressful for her if her questions remained unanswered, so he decided to tell her a few things, "Today."

Khushi's eyes widened with shock, "Today?" Pausing for a second she asked, "What? How did everyone deal with it? How is Anjaliji? You..you should have stayed with her, Arnavji, at this time, Di needs you most." Khushi became more disturbed now. With her shivering hands, she started to push him asking him to go.

However, even mentioning Anjali's name was enough to prick his heart, but he can't tell everything to Khushi, at least not now, without knowing about her psychological condition. So he held her hand tightly, "Sh…. Shh. Stop, Khushi, I am not going anywhere leaving you in this condition." 

When Khushi shook her head, trying to deny him before she opened her mouth, he kept his fingers on her lips and looked straight into her eyes ''Now listen to me, Di is not alone, she has Nani and Mami with her. They are there to support her. So, don't think about anything, and stop trying to distance yourself from me. Because I am not going to leave you alone ever. Fit this in your mind."

Khushi kept staring into his eyes, trying to read it, but before she read it he averted his eyes and removed his finger.  Khushi again thought about Payal, "Arnavji, Jiji, how was she dealing with it? Mami must have taunted her. I need to go to her. She must be broken." She tried to move out of bed. 

Arnav held her shoulder, "Stop, Khushi, did you forget that you are hurt? Your leg has sprained. And Just a few hours before you fell from the stairs. Doctors asked you to rest for seven days. So, you are not going anywhere."

Khushi with her moist eyes, "Why don't you understand, Arnavji? Jiji needs me. She must have been alone there. No one isn't there to support her." She sobbed at her helpless situation, worried about her sister. 

Arnav's heart bled seeing her crying like that, he sat in front of her and wiped her tears, cupping her face, he made her look at him, "Mithu, Listen to me, please.."

Just one word — Mithu from him and Khushi stopped and raised her teary gaze towards him, all vulnerable. Arnav changed his statement, "Will you listen to me, Mithu?" 

Khushi, hypnotized by his eyes, nodded her head.

Arnav gulped down the painful lump as he explained her, "Let Payal fight her own battle now. We helped Akash and Payal enough. Now, it's their time to stand for their love. We can't always spoon-feed them. And don't worry Mrs. Mishra and Mrs. Gupta will be there for her."

Arnav knew now what he would say will her but he couldn't stop himself from saying this to her, "Khushi, I know whatever I am going to say will hurt you but you need to understand this. It is good that you remember everything that happened to you after your accident. So, I don't need to tell you everything. But, from my view of opinion, Payal and Guptas had a chance to stop this, if they would have told everything before when they came to know about Shyam, circumstances might have been different. But what they did do? They hid everything and let you stay under the same roof where that man was living. Think if he did something horrible to you when you are not stable what would have happened? Even now after knowing that you fell stairs, no one came to meet you. They are still thinking about themselves. Mithu, the world is too cruel for a selfless soul, so be a little bit selfish, Khushi, to protect yourself from being hurt, by your close one." While saying the last line his word choked in his throat, remembering a few words that still ringing in his head uttered by his own people.