Part 27

Arnav sat in front of his car, leaning on it, in the middle of the road, hiding his face in his knees, his hands around his knees, his eyes red with tears, and his heart full of hurt. Anjali's words were still ringing in his head. This incident was enough to open his unattended wounds, remembrance of the day which turned his life. The day when he lost trust and himself too. His sister hurt him in the worst possible way by comparing him to the man he hated most. Flashbacks of his mother shooting herself, his father's dead body, and his sister's broken marriage, everything is running through his head, aching his heart more. He wished this day never came in his life. He wishes to leave everything and go somewhere. Where there’s no hurt, no pain, and no remembrance of the words that were reminding him about his hurt, hurting him more. 

That's when he remembered Khushi. Khushi’s face flashed in his head. Her eyes were teary and her lips trembling, looking all innocent. 

Khushi clutched his sleeves and with little moist eyes asked him, "You won't leave me, right?"

Arnav jerked and looked up, his eyes redder all the more, and whispered gulping the painful lump, "Khushi."  He checked the time, hurriedly and realized he needed to reach the hospital. It was time for khushi to wake up. He rubbed his face with his palm, took a water bottle from his car, and splashed some water on his face. All of it to comfort himself and make himself more presentable. He can't go like this to the hospital otherwise Aryan and Aman won't take a minute to understand what happened in Raizada's mansion. After calming himself he left for the hospital. 

______________________________

City Hospital 

Arnav reached the hospital and saw Aman and Aryan worried about something, he gulped and called, "Aman…"

Aman looked at him and rushed toward him, "What the hell, Arnav, where were you? Why didn't you call back? Don't you know we will be worried for you?"

"Relax Aman, I am fine and reached here, somehow I forgot to call you. Did Khushi wake up?" Arnav tried to divert the topic, locking all the hurtful memories in his heart. His priority is his Khushi, his Mithu. Nothing and no one else.  

"No, not yet. But Meera informed me that she will wake up soon. Let's go in." Aryan replied on behalf of Aman.

Arnav nodded his head and the trio moved toward Khushi's room. They saw Meera was reading Khushi's report. Meera looked up and stood up, "Arnav, you came?"

Arnav nodded his head in silence and sat on the chair which was near Khushi, "How is Khushi? Anything serious?"

Meera nodded her head in denial as she said the words that could make Arnav a little better, "Her reports are normal. Just waiting for her to wake."

Arnav, gazing at an unconscious Khushi, held her soft hand into his hard one, "Hmm." Not a second far, he sensed her fingers move, felt the movement on his plam. His heart beat fast as he glanced at her and saw that her eyeballs were moving. She was murmuring something. The first word she whispered was, "Ar…Arnavji…" 

Slowly her hazel eyes opened, and she started blinking to adjust the light. She looked at the worried face of Arnav, and when she moved her hand to touch him, she hissed in pain. 

Arnav stood up and gently held her hand, "Relax, Khushi. .. " but when she didn't budge he helped her to sit properly and again held her hand. With his softest voice, "Let me call the doctor to check on you. Okay?"

When Arnav tried to move, Khushi shook her head, "Arnavji. Arnav Ji. Hum apko kuch batana chahte hai. " 
(Arnavji. Arnavji. I want to tell you something.)