Part 19A

RM 

They heard a scream and before anyone could comprehend what happened, the one who fell from the stairs started whimpering in pain. 

Arnav heard the scream of a woman and feared the worst. Painful Memories clouded his mind, after a very long time. He hoped it was not what he thought it was. Even though he heard the voice and recognized it, in the hearts of the hearts, he hoped his ears heard wrong. 

He hoped he was wrong! For the first time in his life. He was facing his back to the stairs and turned to look at her, hoping it was not her. 

Alas! His hope went into vain. He was right, unfortunately! That bought tears to his eyes as his heart galloped in pain. 

“DI!!” Arnav screams, without wasting a second, forwarding his hand towards her, just like he did a few years ago. He rushed towards her, gulping down his tears down his throat, and reached her. He shouldn’t lose Di as he lost his Mother. 

Anjali! His Di! 

If Khushi was his soul, Anjali was his heart. They’re the most important people in his world and he couldn’t bear a scratch on them. 

He was afraid. He was too afraid. His mother shooting herself has been running in front of his eyes when he heard her scream, his Di’s pain. Nothing should happen to her, he can’t lose her. Never. He wouldn’t let her do that. 

Akash, on the other hand, recognized the scream of his Di, his heart was in his mouth, and with the worst fear he could ever have, he rushed toward her. 

Shyam’s plan has flopped, it wasn’t Khushi, it was his Rani Sahiba who fell from the stairs. He has to keep his act intact and so before anyone could reach, he was on her side, running as fast as his legs could take him up towards his wife. 

“Rani Sahiba! Rani Sahiba, don’t close your eyes. I’m here. Hum aapko kuch nahi hone denge,” he shed tears in pain. His eyes were naturally red as he cried. Mountains could move if they saw his pain. Such was his acting. (“Rani Sahiba! Rani Sahiba, don’t close your eyes. I’m here. I won’t let anything happen to you,”)

“Di! Di,” Arnav was patting her cheek, pressing the kerchief on her forehead stopping the blood from flowing. 

His Di was whimpering in pain, blood all around her as a crying Mami, devasted Nani, and a worried Payal rushed towards her just as Shyam scoops her in his arms. Akash takes over the job of pressing the cloth against her head. 

Anjali in blood has not only shocked them but broken their hearts. They cried rushing after her, following Shyam, praying for their Anjali Bitiya’s life and the little heart that is yet to come out. 

Arnav looks at the stairs and a visibly scared Khushi was standing on the stairs with tears in her eyes. 

Khushi, who heard the heartwrenching scream, was trembling in fear, not moving from her place standing just above the stairs. She was scared to death, her heart was palpitating in extreme. Her palms are sweaty and her whole body was turning cold, from the fear. It wasn’t good for her mental health, nor her physical health. No! Khushi shouldn’t take the stress. Arnav never forgot that. Thanks to Sheetal, who took her cold palm in her hands, supporting her. If not for her Khushi would have fainted out of fear. She was still so scared and wasn’t moving from her place. Sheetal finds it better for Khushi not to see the blood anymore, she slightly makes her walk aside but Khushi wouldn’t budge. She’s unmoving. 

It wasn’t a good sign!

“Payal!” Arnav calls out to Payal who’s the last one to follow Shyam.