Part 7

A few days later, Shantivan 

After completing his early morning jogging, Arnav went to his room and he heard the sobbing sound of someone from the poolside so he went to check who was there in his poolside. There he saw Khushi sitting on a recliner and sobbing, holding her finger. Arnav sat beside her and asked worriedly,  "Khushi, what happened? Why are you crying?"

Khushi looked at him and showed her finger to him, "Arnav… Arnaav… look blood, a thorn pricked me

Khushi looked at him and showed her finger to him, "Arnav… Arnaav… look blood, a thorn pricked me." She rested her head on his shoulder and started crying again.  Arnav looked at her adorably and thought She is such a cute kid. He held her hand and took out his kerchief from his track pant pocket to clean the blood on her finger and started checking if the injury was deep or not. Then he went to his room with her to wash her wounded finger and also took out a first aid box from his bedside drawer, taking her back to the poolside, he again sat beside Khushi on the recliner. He held her hand and while wrapping a bandaid around and over her finger, he asked, "What were you doing with that plant?"

"I went to touch that red rose, it was so soft and accidentally I touched that thorn and see it hurt me. That plant is bad, throw it Arnav,"  she pouted with a frown adorning her forehead as she sobbed again, glaring at the plant that in her perception was to be blamed for her injured finger.

"Okay, I will but first answer some of my questions. Hmm?" Arnav asked her tucking her fringes behind her ear. She nodded cutely so he asked, "Tell me, do you like that red rose?"

"Yes…a lot, it is so beautiful and its petals are so soft," a bright smile flashed on her lips as she talked about the rose. 

"Hmmm… so tell me did that red rose hurt you?" he asked softly. 

Khushi was quick to deny, shaking her head vigorously, her fringes followed the movements of her head making her look even more adorable to Arnav who had a  soft smile playing on his lips watching her antics,  "Nope. Not Red Rose Arnav…that thorn hurt me." 

"Then why do you want me to throw this plant? Don't you know that if I throw the plant, then your favorite red rose will also disappear with that plant?" he asked her politely.

Khushi widened her eyes in shock,  "No…No….then don't throw that plant, please don't throw it." 

Arnav slightly smiled at her, "Okay, I won't throw it. And  next time you won't touch that plant without me, just give water to it." Thinking for while he held her both hands and said, "Listen, my Mumma taught me that Humein Kaanton ki galti ki saaja phoolon ko nahi deni chahiye.samjhi?" (We shouldn't punish the flower because of the thorn's fault). Even though Khushi hardly understood the meaning behind this,  she nodded. Smiling at her, Arnav kissed her injured finger. Khushi looked at him and asked, "Why did you kiss my injured finger?"

"Hmm," Arnav pretended to think for a while before replying, "Because it's a Magic Kiss so now your injury will heal soon," he pinched her nose.

"Magic Kiss?" Khushi asked excitedly.