It Would Have Been Nice/It Was Nice

It would have been nice to have a father in my life. To have a role model to look up to. To have someone to teach me lessons about how to be a man. You can't go back and change things, all you can do is live with the scars life has placed upon you. I wasn't able to choose an absent father who he himself chose alcohol over keeping his family from becoming homeless.

It would have been nice to have a mother in my life. To have someone that reciprocates love and attention. Someone to teach me lessons on how to interact and treat girls, and from a woman's teaching, how to be a man. I wasn't able to choose an abusive mother that sexually tortured me at the age of 3. A woman that hated me and all she desired was to take her anger and pain out on me, a defenseless child.

It would have been nice to have a true older brother in my life. To again have a role model and someone to teach me how to get by as a teenager into adulthood. To have someone that you can trust has your best interests in mind, not one to only put himself before all others.

It Was Nice

It was nice to have a caring grandmother, Wilma Fluman that never did a single wrong towards myself, my siblings, or anyone, not once in her life. To have a woman that served as a role model of high moral values and truly cared for her family and others, putting them before herself.

It was nice having a sister that could help me get through and graduate college. Without her that would have been impossible. To have a sister that truly cares about me and her family, choosing the values of our grandmother. To listen to any problems I faced in life with a logical caring ear, doing anything possible to help remedy any negative situation.

And it was nice to have myself, the one person that has been with me from the beginning and has braved through the years of trauma and malevolence. The person writing this now and the person that I'm stuck with until the end.