Bo Austin State Hospital

Bo was a guy that staid in my unit, not in the same room, but in the same building area. Bo's job along with this other fairly large and intelligent black guy was to keep the peace among all. I don't know if he took steroids or if he just had godly genetics, but he was very buff, made of pure muscle. He was also a good looking guy and could communicate with anyone. He staid about a couple weeks before he was released back into society. Honestly for the life of me, I couldn't figure out anything wrong with him. He was functional and held down construction jobs making $50 an hour as a main supervisor, yet he found himself like I, in Austin State Hospital. When we found out that Bo was to leave in a couple of days I took twenty dollars out of my wallet and in a handshake I told him "It was nice to meet you Bo, you are a really good guy." Then slipped him the money. Most of the people staying in ASH had no money. There were maybe six or seven exceptions, I being one that held money, so you had to be careful about showing how much you have, or giving out any money when in the general area or courtyard. Anyways the handshake transfer was successful and he thanked me. It sucked that he only stayed a couple weeks, he was again a good guy and I hope that $20 bought him a meal and cigarettes on his first day out.