Father Delusion

There were several instances when my father would lose his mind to delusions but one of the strangest is also seen in the behavior of my older brother. For some reason when they get drunk they talk about how they could fight and beat up anyone. One night when I was my brother and sister-in-law's designated driver on the way home there was a gentleman walking on the side of the road and I asked my brother in a joking manner because it was 12:00am or later, "Should we stop and give him a ride." My brother's response was not the logical "oh no that's dangerous you never know who someone is" His words instead were "I could beat the shit out of that guy." I think it is ego and of course having a childhood where my father was younger. Anyways back to my father. In the final days that we still lived at Brockhampton, my childhood home, my father was just staying in his room and in bed drinking or perhaps trying to recover from his addiction which limited his functioning. So again, anyways, one day when I greeted my father in the living room this was in late 2009 or so he told me that he wasn't staying in bed but "I have a new coach teaching me how to fight with my bad leg." When my father was in College he tore his acl sliding into a base during a baseball game and never got it surgically repaired so spent his adult life with a limited functioning leg, I don't think I ever saw him run once in my life. Going back the thing is my father held these delusions that he wasn't staying in bed all day drunk or not, that he believed he was training to learn how to fight. He was in his later 40's at this time so his mind was gone, just something I had to deal with growing up that Wesley did not.