Chapter 17

Sienna

The sun streamed through the window, making me squint as I woke up. My entire body and muscles were sore. I stretched, trying to alleviate the stiffness. Looking to my left, I saw that I was alone in the bed. Luca was nowhere to be found. I wondered what time he had woken up. After our passionate night, I expected him to be exhausted. It was more like a sex marathon with him, the man was relentless..

His stamina was unparalleled. I lost count of how many times he woke me up, delivering one mind-blowing orgasm after another. There were moments when I even blacked out due to the intensity. The waves of pleasure he gifted me with caused my vision to blur on more than one occasion.

Feeling utterly fatigued, I pulled the covers over my head, attempting to block out the sun and dozed off once more. Eventually, I stirred from another sleep-induced nap, only to be intrigued by the sound of clinking nearby.

When I looked, I saw Paula, the head maid. "Ahh, you're awake! I was wondering if you were ever going to come back to the land of the living," she jabbered on. "You've been asleep for quite a while now."

Morning Paula I say giving her a slight but embarrassed smile, "I felt uncomfortably conscious of my nakedness beneath the covers." Pulling them up higher to my neck, she smiled at me as if she knew what I was thinking. 

"I have some clothes for you here. I'll leave them at the end of the bed. I also brought you something to eat and some coffee, just the way you like it," she said, giving me another smile.

"Thank you," I replied. "Um, where's Luca?" I asked as there was still no sign of him.

"Oh, I almost forgot. He said he has something urgent he had to attend to. He'll be gone for a few days," she said, her eyes showing a hint of awkwardness.

"What the hell," I mumbled to myself. "I can't believe he just left me here." I was in shock and also pissed. I thought we had a good weekend together, and then last night happened. It had been amazing, or maybe it was all in my head. Perhaps Luca thought I wasn't any good. Suddenly I felt like a dirty cheap hooker..

Memories of six years ago flashed through my mind. He had left me after our night together, without so much as a word apart from sorry!! Now, I'm truly furious!

Paula's voice snapped me back to reality, and although I could vaguely hear her speaking, it was clear that my enraged expression was evident.

"Mr. Luca mentioned to me that you are welcome to stay here for as long as you need, but if you prefer to go home, I can call Tommy to come and pick you up," she conveyed sympathetically.

"I would like to go home please," I said, my tone unintentionally snappy. It wasn't Paula's fault that Luca was an absolute prick. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you."

Paula waved her hand, assuring me that it was fine. "I'll go call Tommy for you. It'll take him a few hours before he gets here. In the meantime, why don't you have something to eat and take a shower? I will let you know when Tommy is near," she said, making her way towards the door.

"Thank you, Paula," I replied quietly, feeling embarrassed.

"I don't think it was something he could postpone," Ms Sienna. Paula said, turning back to me. "Sorry, I ask sounding confused.

He seemed reluctant to leave, but whatever it was, it sounded urgent I don't believe he would leave in such a hurry if it wasn't important," she said, trying to make an excuse for him.

I simply nodded and said, "Okay!"

She gave me a half smile and then left. I got up, wrapped the sheet around myself, and went retrieve my phone from my bag. It wasn't there. I looked around and noticed it was on the bedside table, plugged in. "Hmph! So what if he charged it for me? He was still an asshole for leaving me all on my own."