Chapter 4

Sienna

I paced my bedroom like a crazy person after Luca walked out, leaving me torn between frustration and righteous anger. Can you believe the nerve of the man? Showing up at my workplace, then waltzing into my apartment like he owned the place, and to top it off, demanding I be ready in an hour! Shit a half hour now..It's now 8.00pm.

Well, I had two words for him: Fuck and Off. There was no way I was going to listen to anything he had to say. With his irritatingly taut muscles and a perfect jawline that could cut glass, then putting his hand on my neck !. I was fuming, not only at him, but at myself for letting his lewd words get under my skin. It had been six years since I'd last seen him, and my dumb body decided now was the time to betray me? From his menacing words,

I wondered if perhaps I had misplaced a screw in my brain, or maybe I was just sexually deprived, having not been with a man in well over a year. Pathetic, I know.

My ex-boyfriend James was the last man I had slept with. He had asked me to get engaged, wanting to tie the knot right away, but at the tender age of 22, I wasn't ready to be shackled down. I needed to live a little before taking that plunge. He was a great guy, but when he told me he couldn't wait for me forever, I told him not to. He wasn't happy about it, but I didn't want to be given an ultimatum at 22. If he couldn't wait, then he wasn't the one.

"Why, oh why, did Luca have to barge back into my life?" I muttered to myself.

"Sienna, everything okay in there?" Kelsey's voice called from the other side of my door. "I can hear you talking to yourself."

Oops, I must have been a bit too loud. I opened the door to her, offering a sheepish smile. "Yeah, just a tad stressed, that's all."

Kelsey flashed a sympathetic grin. "How was work today? I hardly saw you."

We worked on different wards, but we usually managed to catch up during lunch or breaks, especially in my first few days, Kelsey made sure to synchronise our schedules. At least til I found my footing in the place.

"It was alright," I replied, "except for an unexpected visitor who really knows how to push my buttons."

Kelsey leaned in, her curiosity piqued. "Oh, do tell," she prodded, her eyes dancing with mischief.

No one you know . She squints her eyes in suspicion at me, but let's it go.

"So, do you want to get takeout tonight? There's no food," she suggests .

"Hmm, yeah, sounds good," I reply.

"Great, I'll order, and you can pop open that bottle of red," she chirps. We had plenty of wine but no food, typical!

"Sure, just let me get something comfy on, and I'll be out in a sec."

She walks away back to the living room, while I change into a pair of shorts and an oversized T-shirt, completely forgetting about my encounter with Luca.

I hear a knock on the apartment door. Kelsey opens it, and I can only hear muffled voices. She comes sauntering down the hallway, wearing a big wide grin.

"Hey, Sienna, there's a guy at the door looking for you," she says with excitement. "He has the sexiest accent I've ever heard, sweet God. My panties are wet from just hearing him talk."

Furrowing my brows, I ask, "Shit what time is it?"

"It's 8:30," she replies, sounding a bit exasperated.

I huff out a sigh. "Tell him to go away. I was supposed to go to dinner with him, but I don't want to."

"W-what? Why?" Kelsey exclaims, her eyes filled with excitement. "He's gorgeous. I mean, sure, he looks a good bit older, but for a man his age, he's fine. I've always had a thing for older men."