Chapter 6

Sienna

"Hello there, cutie," I greet my young patient with a warm smile as I enter the ward. I pick up the thermometer and check his temperature.

"Oh, good, it's gone down," I remark, smiling down at him. He returns the smile with his big brown eyes.

"I'm starting to feel much better now, Nurse Sienna," he informs me. "The doctor said I can go home tomorrow."

"He did ! "Well, I'm going to miss you, but I'm really happy that you'll be going home to your family and friends. I'm sure they've all missed you too." I say smiling and giving him a gentle rub on the head.

"I'll miss you too," he replies, grinning widely. "You're the nicest and prettiest nurse I've ever had." He flashes me a cheeky smile. "Little charmer.

After completing my final round of check-ups, I head towards the staff room lockers. Kim, one of my colleagues from the children's ward, greets me with a friendly smile, "Hey, Sienna."
I greet him back, Oh, hey, Kim.

"Are you clocking off?" he asks politely, " as he slings his bag over his shoulder. I'm heading out for a few drinks with some of the guys. You want to join?"

I consider for a moment. "Ah, no thanks, maybe next time. I'm going shopping with Kelsey; I need to find a dress for the charity event tomorrow. Are you going?" I inquire.

No I have to work, he looks disappointed and pouts playfully,I can't help but laugh. Kim has been incredibly welcoming and helpful since I started here. "That's a pity. Well, hopefully, you can make it to the next one," I say, giving him a friendly pat on the arm as I walk towards the door. "See you on Monday." Yeh see ya, oh and enjoy the charity event,he reply's walking in the opposite direction.

When I arrive home, Kelsey's already waiting for me, "Give me 20 minutes; I need a quick shower." I say, running into my bedroom.

She waves a hand nonchalantly, her eyes glued to her phone. It's probably filled with the latest celebrity gossip or an endless stream of TikTok videos, judging by the giggles that escape her lips, yep definitely TikTok.

After a swift shower, I slip into denim shorts and a light pink jumper. The weather's warm, but not excessively so. I tie my hair up in a ponytail. "Okay, I'm ready," I announce as I step out. Kelsey's already by the door, keys in hand, and she offers a compliment, saying, "Ooh, you look cute.""Thanks," I reply, smiling at her.

"So, where should we start?" I ask as we enter the mall.

"Let's head to Kira's boutique first," she suggests, her excitement evident. "They're having a huge sale."

She tugs me along, and we start searching through the racks. So far, nothing's caught my eye. This store is vast, and it offers some gorgeous dresses, but I'm struggling to find something I like, especially within my budget and size.

"Ahhh, I don't see anything," I groan in frustration, turning to Kelsey, who already has three dresses in her hand. She's always got a knack for finding great stuff.

"Why don't you check over here?" she proposes, leading me towards the middle of the store. How about this ? She holds up a stunning black dress adorned with delicate beading, featuring long sleeves, a thigh-high split, and a low scoop back.

"I love it!" I exclaim, my eyes lighting up. I take it from her, hold it in front of me, and gaze at it in the mirror. Kelsey insists, "Go try it on."

I slip into the dress, and it fits like it was made for me. Stepping out to show Kelsey, her reaction is enthusiastic. "Wow, this looks stunning on you, Sienna. You look like a model. You absolutely have to get this," she exclaims with a beaming smile. I have to admit I do feel amazing in it. Ok I'll get it my excitement evident in my smile. " I'm going to try these on, Kelsey informs me holding up the three dresses she has. Ok I smile I'll go pay for this.