Chapter 7

Warning :
Mature content ahead ;

Sienna

I rise early, intent on squeezing in a gym session before Kelsey and I prepare for the charity event. I hastily slip into my workout gear and sneakers, packing a bag with spare clothes and a towel. I make a mental note to grab coffee and breakfast for both of us on my way back. Stealthily, I exit the apartment, mindful of Kelsey's dislike for early mornings, especially on her days off. She can be very grumpy if woken too early..

Checking my watch, I realise I have plenty of time for a rigorous workout. Thankfully, the gym is just two blocks away, making the walk there quick. Opting for a spin class, aiming to burn some calories before indulging at the event later.

"Phew, that was intense," muttering to myself as I head to the locker room. Suddenly, I hear my name, "Sienna?" I glance up to see Marco approaching with a warm smile. "Hey, I haven't seen you in a while, he says. 'Yeh since that night at the club."I shoot him a sideways glance.

'You set me up that night." I narrow my eyes at him, giving him a teasing grin.

Marco scratches the back of his head, looking guilty. "Yeah, about that, Sienna, I'm really sorry. I didn't know what was going on myself, honestly. I was just told that Luca wanted to talk to you, and well, you can't exactly defy Luca," he explains with a sheepish smile.

I scoff, adding humor to the situation, " why is he some kind of mobster boss you can't say no to?" Laughing after.

He chuckles nervously, avoiding eye contact. "N-no, not exactly. He's just a big deal around here, like a local celebrity." You don't really say no to him nor do you want to get on his bad side. I'm intrigued now, before I get to ask, Marco speaks.

"Anyway, I'm sorry. Would you like to grab some breakfast?" My treat. To say sorry? He says with a boyish smirk.

"Sure, let me quickly freshen up with a shower."

Marco nods, smiling, "I'll be waiting for you at the reception."

Marco kindly dropped me back at my apartment after our breakfast, we had a pleasant conversation. He apologised once more for the club incident. He also expressed curiosity about how I knew Luca, and I gave him a partial explanation, leaving out the part where Luca took my virginity the night of my brothers funeral and vanished the next morning never to be seen or heard until now.

Later, Kelsey and I attended all our scheduled appointments. She praised me as her savior for bringing her breakfast and coffee from her favorite cafe earlier, especially on her day off. Our day included a comprehensive beauty treatment, including a Hollywood wax. To my surprise, I had initially thought it was only for my bikini line, so you can imagine my embarrassment when the technician asked me to turn over and spread my cheeks. I hadn't even realized I had hair there. Well, it's safe to say I'm now completely smooth both front and back.

With a final check in the mirror, I'm satisfied that my hair and makeup are on point. I've opted for a Hollywood wave, with one side tucked neatly behind my ear. My makeup is elegantly simple, with the makeup artist enhancing my eyes while keeping my lips in a subtle nude beige shade with a touch of gloss. Clutch in hand, I step out of my room just as Kelsey does the same. Our simultaneous compliments and awe at each other's appearance make us chuckle.

"Ready?" Kelsey asks, and I nod in agreement. We make our way to the lobby and approach Peter, our concierge, asking him to order a cab for us. However, he surprises us by revealing that a chauffeur is already waiting outside. We exchange puzzled glances, and I ask Kelsey if she organized this, but she shakes her head, suggesting it might be the hospital's doing.