CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Naki's POV

I suddenly woke up when my cellphone alarm rang. It was too early, but I needed to prepare breakfast for Sir Shun. He mentioned he would be leaving early today, though I didn't know where he was headed.

I went downstairs to start cooking.

Fast forward~

After finishing cooking, Sir Shun came down fully dressed and ready to leave. I stopped him to have breakfast.

"Good morning, sir Shun. Please have a breakfast before you go." I said while blocking his way.

"What the— move away." he replied.

"Have breakfast befo—"

"Okay. I got it, so move away." he said so I smiled.

I thought I might need to force him, but maybe he's in a good mood today? Maybe meeting his girlfriend?

Sir Shun went to the dining table and quietly had his breakfast.

"Stop looking at me with that face. What do you want? If you want to eat, go and get your own food." he said when he noticed me staring at him.

"Nothing, sir. I'll eat later." I replied.

"Do you have something to say then?" he added.

"Nothing, Sir. Um... but... where are you going? Meeting your girlfriend, perhaps?"

"I'm going." he replied quickly and ignored my question.

Sir Shun left the mansion, and I closed the gate for him.

"Take care on your way, sir!" I called after him.

When I closed the gate, I heard someone calling my name.

"Eros?" I turned around as he approached.

"Hey. I saw you leaving the gate, so I came out too." he said while waiting for me to open it.

"Ah, Sir Shun left just now, so I opened the gate for him." I explained.

"Is Shun going somewhere? It's too early for him to leave." Eros asked.

"I don't know. I asked earlier, but he didn't answer. Maybe meeting his girlfriend?" I replied.

The gate was opened, and Eros entered, so I closed it again.

"But Shun doesn't have a girlfriend, hasn't had one for almost two years." Eros said.

We walked into the mansion while talking.

"Oh."

"And besides, Shun has only been in love once." Eros added.

"Why?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Well, Shun isn't good with girls. He doesn't pay attention, even if a girl undresses in front of him. But there was this one girl he focused on, and—" I was slightly shocked by what Eros said, so I replied, "Did the girl undress in front of Sir Shu—?" Eros cut me off.

"No, that's not it. I'm just explaining meaningfully." he said, then chuckled.

"Let me continue." he added and took a deep breath.

"There's this girl he paid attention to, his former maid two years ago. Shun fell in love with her without knowing her bad intentions. She deceived him and ran away with his money. That's why Shun doesn't hire female helpers anymore." Eros explained.

"But I didn't expect that he's going to have a male helper instead." Eros added with a smile.

"Oh, I see." I replied.

"Well, Shun might be bad for you but he's a kind person." Eros added.

"You're right. He even accompanied me to visit my Mother and little Sister in the hospital and bought food and clothes for the three of us." I said.

"He did?"

"Yeah."

"That's good."

"Ah—"

I was about to say something when my cellphone rang.

"Excuse me, Eros. I need to answer this." I told Eros and grabbed my phone to answer the call.

I got nervous seeing it was the hospital nurse who checks on my Mom.

"Hello, Nurse?"

...

"What do you mean?"

"Are you sure, Nurse? Did you get his name?"

"Okay, Nurse. I'll come there."

"Okay, Nurse. Thank you."

"What happened?" Eros asked as I put down my cellphone.

"Ah, nothing. The hospital nurse watching over my Mom called." I replied.

"Did something happen to your mom?" Eros asked, and I shook my head.

"My mother is okay, but... the nurse said the surgery for Mom is already paid for, and all that's needed is my permission. A man went there and paid both the hospital bills and my mother's surgery. The nurse didn't get his name, so I'm heading to the hospital now." I explained.

"Is that so? Who could it be?" Eros replied.

"I don't know... I was surprised too." I said.

I don't know if I should be happy. Maybe the person made a mistake. But... who could it be? Why would he pay for my Mom's hospital bills and surgery?

I can't think of anyone.

To be continued...