CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Eros ended up eating with us again. He said that he hadn't had his lunch yet, so Grandma offered that he eat together with us.

"It's my first time eating skinless and headless prawn, Naki. It's really delicious," Grandma Venus said as she enjoyed her food.

"Oh. Eros peeled it for Sir Shun, Grandma. Sir Shun doesn't know how to-" I stopped talking when I saw Sir Shun glaring at me.

"I just helped peel it, Grandma. I also helped mix the ingredients, hehe," Eros said proudly.

"Mixing the ingredients doesn't help make the food delicious though." Sir Shun whispered, so I looked at both of them as if they were fighting.

"Grandma..." I called her.

"Hm? Yes, Naki?" Grandma replied.

"May I leave later at 3 PM?... Mom's surgery was scheduled for today, so I want to stay at the hospital until her surgery's done..." I explained.

"Of course, dear. It's really important that you'll be with her," she replied.

"You're worried about her, right? Don't show it to her, okay? You need to keep her strong and brave when she undergoes surgery. She will be okay, for sure." Grandma Venus added.

"Yes, Grandma. Thank you so much," I replied and smiled at her.

"Just be careful when you leave, alright?"

"Yes, Grandma..." I answered.

"Naki-" Eros was about to say something, but Sir Shun didn't let him finish, saying, "I'll take you there." Sir Shun suddenly said, so I looked at him while eating his food. He's talking to me, right?

"I'm not saying anything yet," Eros said in a low voice, but I could still hear it. What's with these two?

"Besides, I already told your Mom I'm going to visit her after her surgery." Sir Shun added. So he's really talking to me.

"Okay..." I replied and continued eating.

"Ah. Naki." Eros called me, so I looked at him, and he showed me his grip and said, "Fighting!" so I smiled and nodded.

Eros then looked at Sir Shun and faked a smile. Sir Shun then glared at him. These two... they're not fighting, are they?

"By the way, Naki, since we knew each other... may I have your phone number? I always ask for phone numbers when I have a new friend, you see," Eros said as he blinked his eyes, trying to be cute to ask for my number.

"Sure. Here." I said as I grabbed my cellphone from my pocket and gave it to him.

Eros then took my cellphone and put his number in my contacts.

"Alright. Done. Here you go," he said as he handed me back my cellphone.

"You decide what to put as my name in your contacts," he added. I then put 'Eros' as his name in my contacts.

"Oh. Just 'Eros', okay. I thought it was going to be 'Cutie' or 'Handsome'," Eros said, so I laughed.

"Haha, Should I change it then?" I replied.

"You don't need to. I'm just kidding," Eros replied.

"I'll send a sticker to you, so just save my number and name it." I said.

"Got it," Eros replied.

"Okay, received. And... saved. Alright, done." Eros said and smiled at me.

I saw Sir Shun looking at us as if we had done something to him.

"Oh. That's right, Naki. Have we exchanged phone numbers already? We didn't, right?" Grandma asked.

"I don't think we did, Grandma," I replied.

"Then, here's my cellphone. I don't know how to put your number in my contacts, so could you please do it," Grandma said.

"Sure, Grandma," I replied as I took her cellphone and saved my number in her contacts. I also sent a text message to my phone number so I could save Grandma Venus' number too.

"Here, Grandma. I put 'Naki' as my name in your contacts," I said and gave her cellphone back to her.

"Alright, dear. Thank you," Grandma replied.

I looked back at Sir Shun again, who was now taking his cellphone out of his pocket.

He's not saying anything.

I thought he was going to ask for my number too. I mean, he'd ask for my number if he had some errands he wanted me to do.

"Naki-" Eros didn't finish his sentence when Sir Shun cleared his throat; he coughed like three times.

I think he wants to say that he wants my number too?

"I think... Sir Shun... I also need to put my number in your contacts so that you don't need to look for me when you have errands you want me to do..." I said while looking at Sir Shun, who was avoiding eye contact with me.

"Do what you want." Sir Shun replied and flicked his phone towards me, so I took it.

So he opened his phone already. He really wants my phone number then. And again, it's for errands.

I tapped my phone number and gave his cellphone back. I'll let him save it for me. He might suspect that I'm checking something on his phone if I take too long to put in my number.

"Naki. Guess what your name is in my contacts, hehe," I looked at Eros when he spoke.

"You didn't just put 'Naki', did you? Hmm..." I said as I tried to guess what it could be.

"I can't think of anything..." I admitted because I really couldn't think of anything.

"Then, I'll tell you. It's 'Neko', cute, right?" Eros said.

"Neko?" I asked because I'm not familiar with the word.

"It means 'cat', since you're a cat lover and so am I. It's a Japanese word anyway," he replied, so I smiled at him. He really thought carefully about my name in his contacts.

Hmm...

I looked at Sir Shun while tapping on his phone.

I wonder what my name is in his contacts...

To be continued...