CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Shun's POV

I parked the car in front of a grocery store I had checked on the map earlier.

I want to buy some healthy snacks, packed fruits, and drinks to stock in the fridge. I haven't bought any for 2 weeks.

There's also a shop where I could buy cat food for Baobao and Tuan near the grocery store.

"Let's go." I said to Naki as he had just awakened.

"I'm going with you, sir...?" he asked.

"I need to restock the fridge. Since your mom and sister will stay at the mansion soon, you choose what they prefer to eat and drink," I replied, and he looked at me with confusion.

"But, sir... we don't know yet if Grandma Venus will-"

"She will." I cut him off.

"Still, why do you have to-"

"Why do you always have to complain? Hurry." I interrupted him again.

"I'm not com-" he didn't finish his sentence when I started walking away from him.

"Sir!"

We entered the grocery store, and Naki quietly followed me at the back.

"Come closer. You're not my bodyguard." I said to Naki without facing him.

I heard him sigh, and he came closer to my side.

"Let's buy some drinks first." I said.

We went to the drinks section of the grocery store to choose some drinks.

"How about this? Which flavor?" I asked Naki which flavor of energy drink we should buy.

"The strawberry one?" he replied.

"Let's buy four," I said and grabbed four of the drinks, putting them in our cart.

We also got milky and tea drinks inside our cart.

"Sir, we haven't gotten some snacks and fruits yet, and you already got so many drinks inside the cart," Naki said, furrowing his brows.

"Don't forget I'm the one paying here." I replied.

"My point, sir, is that the cart is so heavy already, and I don't think the fruits and snacks you'll get later will fit inside the cart."

"I'll push the cart then." I said and reached for the handle of the cart, but he covered it with his hands.

"Hey,"

"I'll do it, sir." he said.

"No. I'll do it. It's heavy, right?" I replied.

"But I didn't say I can't handle it," he replied.

"I said I'll do it." I said while trying to get the shopping cart from him.

"No, sir, just-" he didn't finish what he was about to say when he bumped into a woman behind him while trying to avoid me getting the shopping cart from him.

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to," Naki faced the woman and apologized.

"Look where you're going!" my eyes widened not because I'm shocked or anything when I heard the woman's voice. It was familiar. She's smaller than Naki, and Naki was facing her, so I couldn't see her face.

"You're such a-" she didn't finish her sentence when I stepped to the side of Naki. I glared at her.

It was Yvone. She's my ex. And she's my maid before but later became my lover. Well... everything was fake. She ruined our relationship.

I didn't expect I'll meet her here.

"E-ezekiel...?" she called me, and I looked at her as if I don't know her.

"Who are you?" I coldly said.

"I-It's me... Y-Yvone..."

"I don't care who you are. Who are you to shout in front of my companion? It makes my ear hurt." I said to her.

"Well-"

"No, no, sir. It's my fault..." Naki said, looking worried.

"Of course it's your fault. Duh," Yvone said as she rolled her eyes.

I looked at Yvone from head to toe. She looks so rich now. How lucky she is.

"Yes. Uhm... do you two know-" I didn't let Naki finish what he was saying when I grabbed the cart and pushed it to the snacks and fruits section of the grocery store.

"Ezekiel!" I heard Yvone calling me, but I didn't look at her even if she'll call me twice or thrice.

I don't care about her, and I don't want to get involved with her anymore. I just want us to be strangers.

I didn't avoid her just because I was still into her or anything. I just can't forget how she managed to still talk to me after what she had done 2 years ago. That's shameless of her.

I could see that she's enjoying her life with HER richness.

How'd she get rich just like that after working as a maid for me? Oh, I forgot. She ran away with my money and hid from me. How silly of me to forget such a useless past.

Well, I'm so stupid for letting her deceive me. I'm so stupid for loving a person who's just into my money.

"Put anything you choose in the cart and pay for it using my card. I'll ask someone over there to bring everything to the car," I explained to Naki, handing him my debit card, and left.

Ah... what a bad day.

To be continued...