CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Shun's POV

I am now in front of my grandpa's grave after coming to the hospital earlier.

It's been a week since I last visited. As usual, the gifts I leave for grandpa are gone.

Even though I locked it, his grave has a private spot, and people still manage to take the gifts I leave. I don't really care, but I hope grandpa will visit their houses one by one.

I miss grandpa. It's his 6th death anniversary today, and I'm the only one who visited him.

I didn't let grandma visit him because I couldn't bring her to the hospital before coming here. I can't just leave her in the car while I was inside the hospital. I also couldn't let her go alone as it's dangerous; she was robbed a few days ago, but thankfully Naki helped her. If it were me, I would have confronted the thief before he took Grandma's wallet.

I placed a bouquet of flowers beside grandpa's grave. I couldn't leave chocolates and biscuits, as they are his favorites. I'm afraid some ants might take them. I'm not referring to real ants, though.

Grandpa...

Grandpa died because he refused to undergo surgery. I don't know why he didn't want to, but I remember him saying it was the only way to stop his suffering...

FLASHBACK

(19-year-old Shun)

"Grandpa, listen here, you have to get surgery. Please do as I say, even just for today." I said to Grandpa as we've been arguing about him getting surgery, but he refuses for some reason.

"Ezekiel... We don't need to do it anymore... You need to be strong..." he said, unable to speak directly due to his weakness.

"But-"

"Ezekiel." he cut me off. "This is the only way for me to... stop suffering... I wanted to recover, but I think it's too late..."

"Grandpa is too old... and I can't take care of you anymore... Please understand me, okay?" he added.

The doctor suddenly entered the room, so I stood up with a straight face.

END OF FLASHBACK

I wish grandpa had fought. I wish he had thought about how Grandma would feel.

I don't want someone to experience this kind of situation. And that's why, Naki's Mom... I... I hope she'll fight and get back to her eatery soon so I can taste the curry I've been craving for a month. Well, I tasted Naki's instead, but still, they have different tastes, yet both are delicious. I mean, the food.

A few hours later~

I stayed almost 5 hours here at the cemetery, spending all my time talking with Grandpa. It's not boring at all when you talk with your loved one on the other side.

After I lit the candle and cleaned Grandpa's grave, I left and got back in my car outside the cemetery.

Fast Forward~

I got back home and opened the gate myself, as I've never seen Naki going out of the mansion. Maybe I still need to call him to open it for me.

I parked my car in my garage and closed the gate.

The mansion is too quiet, and I never saw Grandma and Naki around. Where did they go?

"Grandma?" I called while looking around the mansion.

"Piggy! Where are you?" I called to Naki, as no one even answered me.

"Kiel, you're back. Are you looking for Naki?" Grandma asked.

"He's been cleaning since early in the morning after coming back from the hospital. I don't know where he went. Maybe he's upstairs." she added.

Hospital? Did he follow after me?

Maybe he just went to visit his mom.

"No, Grandma. I've been looking for you. I thought you went somewhere else with Pigg- I mean, Naki." I replied.

"Is that so? Then, please go find Naki for me. I'm sure he's tired right now, Kiel. I hope he didn't overdo cleaning around the mansion." she replied. I nodded and went upstairs to check on my cats. I won't bother to look for him though; it's a hassle.

Did Baobao and Tuan eat already? Well, Grandma always feeds them when I'm not around, but I'm not sure if she fed them this afternoon.

I am now in front of my room, so I opened the door.

When I opened the door, I was surprised to see Naki sleeping on my bed. What's he doing here?

Oh. Everything inside my room looks tidy and clean.

What's he holding- Oh?

"Hey. Piggy." I woke him up, and he opened his eyes, he was surprised to see me.

"What are you actually doing inside my room, huh?" I asked and pointed to my ripped underwear he's holding.

"Ah-"

I wanted to laugh at him, but I held it back. He looked so confused and threw my underwear suddenly, as if he didn't know what happened. Maybe he didn't?

I wanted to tease him, so I acted like I was angry.

For sure, Baobao did it. I'm losing one of my undies again.

I need to teach Baobao not to nibble my undies, especially my clothes next time.

To be continued...