CHAPTER TWENTY

It's been 2 weeks since I stayed here in the mansion.

Mom's surgery is scheduled for today, so I'm feeling very worried right now.

I'll ask Grandma Venus for permission later, explaining that I'll be at the hospital until Mom's surgery is done. But first, I'll finish cooking and cleaning.

I'm so grateful to Grandma Venus, if it's not because of her, I might have starved while looking for a job. Sir Shun, too, despite his dual personality, he helped me a lot, and I'm very thankful for it.

I wish I could repay them more than what they've done and given to me.

I should start cooking now.

"Naki!" I heard a familiar voice call me, so I looked to where the voice came from.

"Eros," I replied as he approached.

"The gate was open, so I just entered to see you." he said.

"OMYGOD. I forgot to close it. Please wait a minute, Eros. I'll close the gate firs-" he cut me off.

"You don't need to, I already closed it anyway,"

"Oh. What a relief... Thank you, Eros," I replied.

"I thought I closed it after Sir Shun left earlier." I added.

"Where'd he go?" Eros asked.

"No idea. I didn't bother asking him. He wouldn't tell me anyway." I replied, and Eros chuckled softly.

"What are you doing anyway?" he suddenly asked as I took the prawns out of the refrigerator.

"I'm preparing to cook these prawns." I answered.

"Let me help you, then. I'm not that good at cooking, so maybe I should learn from you today," he said, smiling as if he expected me to say YES.

"Sure. Do you know how to shell a prawn?" I asked, and he shook his head.

"Here. Get one, and I'll teach you how." I said, handing him the plastic of prawns I bought earlier.

"Just do it like this and... take off the head. That's it. Easy, right?" I said as I showed him how to do it. He nodded and tried to peel one.

"I don't normally remove the head or peel the skin, but Sir Shun doesn't want to bother peeling it anyway," I added.

"He is?"

"Uhuh." I replied.

"I didn't know he's that lazy to eat these kinds of foods." Eros said as he successfully peeled one of the prawns.

"No way. He's not being lazy, though." I said.

"You know, when he eats shrimp, he makes this face." I said, furrowing my brows and mimicking Sir Shun's expression.

"Eh? He doesn't know how to peel it? Am I right?"

"Yep, you got that right. Haha," I replied, and we laughed together.

"Anyway, we should cook the sauce first." I changed the subject and took the pan to start cooking.

Eros helped me cook the sauce and the prawns until they were done.

"Is it not cooked yet?" he asked while peeking into the cooking pan.

"It will be cooked in a minute." I replied.

"I think... this is the easiest dish to cook. I'll try cooking this at home next time." Eros said so I smiled.

"You're right. You should; it's one of my favorites, so I think you will like it too." I replied.

"That's for sure."

"Alright. This is done already," I said as I turned off the electric stove and took a small bowl.

"I can guess that this will be so delicious because of its smell," Eros said as he waited for me to put some sauce into a small bowl for us to taste.

"Here. You taste it first." I said, handing him the small bowl of sauce. He took one prawn and dipped it into the small bowl.

"Hm. I think... this will be my top 1 favorite dish this year," Eros said, so I smiled and tasted the prawn too.

"Do you think Sir Shun will like this?" I asked Eros. I don't know why I should ask, but it just slipped out.

"Oh. Of course. He will... for sure." he replied, and I felt relieved.

"Uh, Naki... Do you like...?"

"Hmm?"

"...the prawn?" he asked, as if I wouldn't like it after I said that it's one of my favorites.

"I just said that it's one of my favorites. How can I not like it?" I replied while smiling at him.

"Ahw. Right. Right." he replied.

I heard the beep of Sir Shun's car, so I told Eros that I need to go out to open the gate for Sir Shun.

Sir Shun told me the other day that I should open the gate for him when I hear him beep his car. He said that it's a hassle to get out of his car and press the doorbell.

But it's also a hassle when he's being that noisy outside while I take a while to open the gate for him.

He's so unbothered.

To be continued...

He's a piggy: A Boys Love Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें