CHAPTER TWELVE

Naki's POV

We returned to the car with the clothes and food we bought for Mom and Ming, as well as the gifts from sir Shun.

I wonder why he insists on buying them gifts. He also got me food and clothes, turns out he has a hidden kindness.

We're near at the hospital already, and I didn't call Ming to surprise them.

After a few minutes, we arrived, parked the car, and brought some of the shopping bags since i left mine.

Entering the hospital, I smiled widely because I'm so excited to see them.

"Sir..."

"What?" he responded.

"I'll take some of the bags, sir. It seems heavy for you." I replied.

"I can handle this." he insisted.

"Okay..." I said.

As we reached Mom's room, I felt a mix of happiness and excitement. I set down my things before opening the door.

"Big Bro!" Ming called upon seeing me enter the room.

"Naki..." Mom softly called.

"Mom..."

"How are you?" I asked, placing my belongings on the small table next to Mom's hospital bed.

"I'm okay, son. How about you? You rarely visit me here." she replied.

"Sorry, Mom, work has been hectic. Are you eating well?" I asked.

"Wow! Where did you buy these, Big Bro?" Ming asked while checking the shopping bags one by one.

"Ah... these are from sir Shu—" I replied but I noticed that Sir Shun wasn't inside the room.

I opened the door and I found him standing outside while in his cellphone.

"Sir..." I called him.

"What?" he asked.

I signaled him to come in, so he put his phone inside his pocket and grabbed the bags he had earlier, and I took the others.

"Mom. This is sir Shun. He's the Grandson of Grandma Venus I mentioned to you in a call." I introduced.

"Nice to meet you again, Auntie." Sir Shun greeted, leaving me confused. What does he mean by 'again'?

"Are you the young and handsome man who always visits my eatery before? You look even more handsome now." Mom replied.

"Yes, Auntie. Thank you." Sir Shun replied with a smile.

"Do you two know each other?" I asked, glancing between Mom and Sir Shun.

"Uhuh. My guesses were right when I tasted the curry you cooked yesterday. It tasted the same as your Mom's curry." Sir Shun said.

"Why didn't you mention it earlier, sir? You saw Mom's picture, right?" I whispered to him.

"Take a seat, you might get tired of standing." Mom offered while looking at sir Shun.

"Yes, Auntie. Thank you." Sir Shun replied, taking a seat beside Mom's table.

"Ah, Mom, these are gifts from Sir Shun, for you and Ming." I said while pointing at the shopping bags.

"Thank you, Shun—Shun, right?" Mom expressed her gratitude while looking at him.

"Yes, Auntie."

"How's my son? He's working hard, am I right?" Mom asked to Sir Shun.

"Of course, Mom." I chimed in, making Mom laugh.

"I know you're diligent, so do your best in your job, son. Your boss seems very kind." Mom said. I noticed sir Shun smiling like an angel, thoroughly enjoying the conversation.

"What about me, Big Bro? Won't you introduce me?" Ming, who had been silently listening, spoke up.

"Ming, right? Nice to meet you." Sir Shun greeted.

"Yes, Big Bro. Nice to meet you too, hehe,"  Ming replied.

Ming is only 10 years old to take care of Mom alone in the hospital. I'm glad the hospital allows it because I'm the one who should earn money for the hospital bills since we don't have someone to take care of Mom.

I feel sorry for Ming. She can't enjoy her childhood and she doesn't even go to school anymore. I don't want her to follow my path. I grew up only graduating from high school and started working when Mom was suddenly brought to the hospital, and our eatery had been closed for almost a month.

I couldn't afford to go to college anymore, so I stopped and focused on earning money.

Despite the disappointment, my new well-paid job will allow me to go back to school after Mom recovers.

To be continued...