CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I returned from the mansion on my own, using the money Grandma Venus had given me as an advance payment. Perhaps she knew I didn't have money when I started working here. Now, I can go out by myself without Sir Shun's help.

I need to buy things that I'll need while staying in the mansion.

I can't find Sir Shun right now, maybe he went somewhere before going home? It's 8 AM, so it's still early.

"Oh. Naki, where are you going?" Grandma Venus asked as she came down the stairs.

"Ah, Grandma... I just came back from the hospital. I forgot to ask for permission because I was in a hurry." I explained.

"No problem, dear. Did something happen to your mom?" she asked.

"She's okay, Grandma. I just had business with the hospital nurse taking care of my mom," I replied.

"Is that so? Did you have breakfast?" Grandma asked.

"Yes, Grandma. I cooked earlier and put it on the table. Did you eat some already?" I said.

"I'm done, dear. It was delicious. You're a good cook, aren't you?" Grandma complimented.

"Oh, thank you, Grandma. My mom is a cook, so I learned from her. But I'm only half as good as she is." I replied.

"No, you're wrong. I even thought you were a professional cook. But that's good, you get to learn from your mom. It's rare to find a young man cook a dish, y'know," Grandma said so I smiled.

"Grandma..."

"Yes?"

"Uhm..."

"Have you seen Sir Shun?" I asked.

"Kiel? Oh. He went to visit his Grandpa for me."

"He doesn't want me to go out alone, so he went on my behalf. He can't bring me because he said he'll go somewhere before going to the cemetery," Grandma explained.

"Cemetery...?"

"It's my husband,"

"Ah... I'm sorry, Grandma..." I apologized. So, he's in heaven already? I feel sorry for Grandma.

"It's okay, dear. It's been 6 years. It's his death anniversary today anyway, so I let Shun visit him because I know he misses him a lot." Grandma said.

"Sir Shun really loves and cares for you and his Grandpa... he really has a kind heart but doesn't show it," I said to Grandma.

"You know him already in a short amount of time. I'm impressed with you, dear," she replied.

"Not that much, Grandma. You know him better than anyone else," I replied.

"Anyway, I'd better start cleaning, Grandma. Just call me when you need something," I added.

"Go ahead, dear. Also, after you finish cleaning, please go upstairs and feed Kiel's cats later this afternoon," Grandma said.

"Alright, Grandma. I'll be going now." I said and smiled at her before leaving, and she nodded.

I started cleaning while waiting for Sir Shun to come back.

I washed the dishes, cleaned the bathroom and all the bedrooms inside the mansion, cleaned the kitchen, the living room, the pool, and outside the mansion. I don't know what's left, but I didn't expect that this is so tiring. I don't know how wide this mansion is.

After a few minutes, I took a break and sat on the sofa.

It's 12 PM already. Sir Shun hasn't come back yet. I guess he's coming home late.

"Oh!" I exclaimed when I suddenly remembered that I need to feed the cats. They're probably so hungry right now.

I went upstairs to check on the cats.

I'm now in front of Sir Shun's room. I opened the door and called the cats by meowing and changing my voice to make them meow back at me. I can easily locate them with that.

"Meow..."

"Meowwww..."

"Meo—" I stopped when I saw one of the cats nibbling on Sir Shun's underwear.

"Hey, hey! No, no, no, no..." I tried to stop the cat, but it's too late. Sir Shun's underwear got ripped.

I think I'm going to get killed...

"Look what you did. You naughty cat." I scolded the cat, even though it doesn't understand me.

*pout

"Oh. Is that your name?" I said as I checked its collar with its name.

"Baobao? So, your name is Baobao, huh? That's unique and cute. It suits you. But you're naughty." I said to the cat, and it just meowed.

I heard another sound of a cat behind me, so I looked.

"Hey. How about you? What's your name, hm? Let me check." I said to the other cat that has been on my back the whole time, maybe?

"Tuan? Oh. Another unique name, eh? You're cute. Though, your body is smaller than Baobao." I said to another cat. It's quiet and probably still a baby kitten.

I looked around inside Sir Shun's room, and it looks so messy. He has a big mansion but doesn't afford to let his room be cleaned by anyone.

After I fed the cats, I decided to clean Sir Shun's room. How can I leave it looking this messy?

While I was tidying Sir Shun's bedsheet, I saw a picture of Sir Shun with his family hanging on the wall.

"This is Grandma... his parents? and... Oh. Sir Shun's Grandpa?... He looks just like him," I whispered to myself while looking at the picture. Sir Shun looks so young in the picture too.

I should just finish cleaning. I'll get scolded if Sir Shun sees me still cleaning up when he comes back. Well, he didn't tell me to clean in his room, though.

Fast forward~

Finally, I finished cleaning, and I'm so very exhausted right now.

I looked around the room, and I think I did a great job. Everything in this room looks so clean now.

I noticed that Baobao and Tuan are playing on the bed, so I played with them to relieve my exhaustion.

I wish I could be a cat. There's nothing else to do, just meow meow. right?

Baobao and Tuan left the bed and went to play under the bed, and I'm still lying here to take a short rest.

After a few minutes, I didn't realize that I had fallen asleep because of exhaustion.

To be continued...