CHAPTER TEN

Naki's POV

I woke up early today and prepared breakfast for Grandma Venus and Sir Shun. Since we have plans later to visit our place, I also got dressed.

I called Ming, my sister, to let them know I'll visit them after picking up my clothes at home. I wore Sir Shun's black t-shirt and pants that he gave me yesterday.

Since he hadn't come down yet, I started cleaning while waiting for him to get dressed so we could leave.

I don't know why he still had time to come with me when he could have just lent me some money. I feel hesitant to ask Lola Venus for an advance since we agreed that she would pay me weekly.

While I was tidying up the sofa, I heard footsteps on the stairs, so I stopped and saw Sir Shun dressed up as if he were attending a grand event.

He was wearing a black polo shirt, expensive-looking brown slacks, and shades. It's weird that he's coming to our place dressed like that.

"Let's go." he said as he approached me. "Okay, sir..." I replied. I felt so awkward.

"Anyway, aren't you going to eat something first, sir?" I asked.

"There's no need. We can eat something outside later." he replied.

"Grandma!" Sir Shun called Grandma Venus.

"Yes, Kiel?" Grandma replied.

"We're going, so take care of yourself, okay? Just call me if you want something so you don't need to go out by yourself again." Sir Shun bid farewell.

He's also worried about his Grandma, huh? I bet he doesn't want her to get robbed again. But it didn't happen anyway.

"Sure, Kiel. Thanks. Just come back safe, my dear." Grandma replied.

We left the house, and I closed the gate.

The car was parked in front of the gate, but Sir Shun didn't call the driver, so he must be the one driving.

Sir Shun entered the car, and when I opened the back door, he looked at me and said, "Why don't you sit here? Sit in the front seat." he said.

"I'll just sit here, sir." I replied.

"I need you to guide me to your place, so sit here." he said, so I closed the door and moved to the front seat.

"Where's your place?" he asked.

"Mantra St., sir." I answered.

"I'm not familiar with that place." he said.

"It's close to the police station, sir, and also near the hospital." I explained.

Since he wasn't familiar with our place, I guided him, and he suggested that I find it on the map and follow it.

The trip was still quite far, so I closed my eyes for a moment, and before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

A few minutes later~

"Wake up, piggy." I heard Sir Shun's voice near my ear, so I was surprised and moved away from him.

"We're here." he said, so I looked around to confirm if we had arrived at the right place.

"This is it, sir." I said.

"You can wait here, sir." I added.

"No, I'll come with you. I might get bored waiting here." he said and got out of the car.

The house was clean when I left to find a job. It seemed like Sir Shun didn't react and just went straight inside.

Our house is made of wood with few furnishings inside. It's small and simple, but I feel more comfortable living here.

"How long have you been living here?" Sir Shun asked.

"Since I was a kid, sir." I replied.

"Why haven't you moved?" he asked again.

"I'm not like you, sir, with money, wealthy. You can buy anything, even houses or land. I can't afford to move to another place." I explained.

He ignored what I said and asked, "Who's this?" while pointing to a picture of my mother and my younger sister.

"It's my mom and sister, Ming." I answered.

"Where are they?" he asked.

"They're in the hospital, sir. Ming is taking care of our mother." I replied.

"Ah, by the way, sir, can we go to the hospital after this? I called Ming and mom. Mom is expecting my visit so I hope you let me see her later. It won't take long, sir." I said.

"You can stay there for a few hours." he replied, and I smiled secretly.

"Okay, sir, thank you." I said. That was unexpected though.

As I was about to go upstairs, I was surprised when my right foot suddenly slipped through a hole in the floor.

I saw Sir Shun laugh softly and noticed he was smiling. It was the first time I saw him smile, so it was a bit strange. Smiling suits him; he seems kind, not always angry like he usually appears.

I avoided eye contact with him and pulled my right foot out of the hole.

"You really need to move soon." Sir Shun said, trying to hold back his laughter.

I went straight to where I keep my clothes, feeling embarrassed, and Sir Shun followed behind me.

I chose my clothes one by one while he watched.

"Your clothes are old. Can you still wear them?" he asked, furrowing his brow.

"Yes, sir. Some of them are still new." I replied.

What's his problem? I bought these last month. It doesn't even look old.

"Just put them back there." he commanded.

"Why, sir?" I asked.

What am I going to wear then? His clothes are too big for me.

"Let's go shopping." he said.

"I don't want to reduce my salary, sir." I replied.

"And besides, my clothes are still new. Look." I added while showing him my new clothes.

"But there's a stain." he pointed out, noticing a small stain on the clothes I was holding.

"It's just a small one, sir." I replied while trying to force a smile.

I can't even see the stain because of how small it is?! OH MY GOD, THIS BASTARD.

"Stop mumbling, put it back, or else I won't take you to the hospital later." he said, so I just returned the clothes I took.

"Yes, sir." I replied without complaining anymore.

"Don't worry, I'll pay. Grandma will be the one who will give you your salary, not me." he said.

"Eh? You don't need to-" He didn't let me finish what I was saying.

"Hurry up. Do you want your sibling and your mom to wait for a long time?" he said, so I quickly returned my clothes to the drawer.

We left the house and got into the car.

Sir Shun mentioned seeing a Mall earlier, so we decided to buy clothes there.

I haven't been to Malls, and I've never experienced shopping with someone before even though I don't have anyone with me.

As Sir Shun drove, I enjoyed the scenery outside that I could see through the car window.

I miss mom. I rarely visit her.

I also worry about them, whether they're eating properly and if the money I leave for them is enough.

To be continued...