CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

"Yes, Doc. Thank you so much, Doc," I said to the doctor after we discussed Mom's surgery.

I came to the hospital with Sir Shun. He came with me because he wanted to, so I just let him.

Sir Shun is with Ming right now. My sister isn't aware that Mom underwent surgery. I don't want her to worry, so I kept it a secret. I just told her that Mom will just get a check-up, and it will take a few hours.

Mom's surgery just started, and I'm so nervous. She will be okay. I'm sure of that.

I'm sure of that...

"Hey." Sir Shun called as he saw me tear up suddenly, and I just realized it. I turned my back to Ming so that she wouldn't notice.

Sir Shun then took something out of his pocket. He handed me a handkerchief while trying to cover me from my sister.

"No, sir. I'm okay... I just got something in my eye..." I said, and he looked at me with a serious face.

"Your sister is looking at you." he said, and I looked at Ming, who is enjoying watching something on Sir Shun's cellphone. THIS LIAR.

"Come on. My wrist hurts." he added, so I just took the handkerchief.

"Thank you..." I said.

"Crying like a piggy won't help your mom recover." Sir Shun said as he crossed his arms and avoided eye contact with me.

*pout

Here he goes again. Calling me a piggy.

Though... he's right, I shouldn't think negative things that don't help mom recover. I can't help it.

"Sir... Are you sure you're staying here longer? Grandma Venus will be all alone tonight if you take a while going home," I said while wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Grandma can manage herself alone. And for sure, she'll be sleeping all night again," he replied.

"You can't be sure of that, sir. Grandma Venus might feel lonely," I said.

"Don't think that I'm not worried about Grandma. I'm just going to stay here until your mom's surgery is done." he replied, and I didn't talk anymore.

A few hours later~

I saw the doctor come out of the surgery room where my mom had her kidney operated on.

I stood up on the chair and slowly went towards the doctor.

I'm afraid to ask if Mom is doing alright. It's not that serious, right?...

"Are you Mrs. Nao's?" the doctor asked, and I immediately replied, "Yes, Doc. I'm her son..."

"Um...?"

"Why do you look so gloomy? You don't need to worry about your mom. She's doing okay. Everyone here at the hospital is a professional, you know," the doctor said as he looked at me with a smile.

"A-are you telling the truth, Doc?..." I said as I waited for his answer.

"There's no way I would lie to the patient's blood relative," he replied, so I changed my expression when I heard the good news.

I looked at Sir Shun, who just nodded at me slightly. I then smiled at him widely.

"C-can I see Mom now? Doc?..." I asked the doctor.

"Of course. They're with you, right? You can bring them inside. Just wear the hospital clothes for you to enter." the doctor said, smiled, and left.

I immediately went towards Sir Shun and Ming.

"Let's go see Mom. Are you coming with me? The doctor said I can bring you two inside," I said while smiling. Sir Shun nodded and followed me.

A few minutes later~

Ming, Sir Shun, and I entered the surgery room.

I saw Mom lying on the bed and still unconscious. The doctor said she'll be awake soon and will be transferred to her own hospital room later.

"Is Mom sleeping?" Ming innocently asked as she looked at Mom.

"Uh-huh. Let's just not bother her, okay? Let's wait for her to wake up," I replied.

"OKAY, BIG BRO," she replied and smiled at me, so I smiled back.

Mom is sleeping peacefully. I'm glad that she's alright...

Sir Shun...

I looked at Sir Shun, who's peeling some fruits for Ming. I'm really grateful for him.

I need to go back to the mansion with Sir Shun later after Mom's been transferred to her hospital room.

I also need to prepare for Mom's recovery and when she is discharged from the hospital.

Should I rent a house for Mom and Ming?

But... I still need to pay Sir Shun back. I can't just accept that he paid for Mom's hospital bills and surgery just because I helped his Grandma.

I should save lots of money from now on...

To be continued...