CHAPTER FIVE

"You're so cute. Come here, little cutie..." I called to the cat as I continued walking.

I was surprised when a bike suddenly passed in front of me.

The man on the bike managed to avoid me as I knelt on the road when I tried to dodge the bike that nearly hit me.

I dropped my belongings when I fell, and my knee got scratched. I quickly picked up my things to prevent them from getting dirty.

"Your knee... I'm really sorry, are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Besides, I wasn't looking at the road. I was too focused on the cat so it's my fault, don't worry." I replied, pointing to the cat that had disappeared, likely startled by the incident.

"I got distracted by the cat too, it was so cute," he said and i smiled.

"Are you a cat lover?" I asked.

"Yep, you too?" he replied with a smile. I nodded and picked up my belongings, and he offered to help.

"How about you? Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine. It's nothing serious." he replied.

"If you want, you can ride on my bike. There's a seat at the back." he offered.

I declined, saying, "'No, I don't want to bother you, and besides, I can manage this."

"It's no trouble. Where's your place anyway?" he asked.

"I'm not from around here. I'm just working as a helper." I replied.

"Really? Let me give you a ride, then. Is it nearby?" he offered.

"Well, it's a bit far. Sir didn't even mention that the market here is quite far." I explained.

"In that case, just hop on my bike. You can show me the way." he insisted.

He stood his bike up, took my other belongings, and I got on, still carrying the rest of my things.

"Wh-" I exclaimed as he started pedaling. He laughed, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Turn right at the next corner with the blue house, and then go straight." I instructed while pointing to a blue house.

"Yes, sir." he replied while cycling and smiled at me.

"By the way, what's your name?" he asked.

"I'm Naki. How about you?" I replied.

"My name is Eros." he quickly answered.

We're almost at Grandma Venus' house.

"You can drop me off at that mansion over there," I said, pointing to Grandma Venus' house.

"Huh? Shun's place?" he asked. Does he know him? So, it's Sir Shun's mansion then.

"Do you know him?" I asked.

"Yep. He's my best friend, and I just live there." he said, pointing to the big mansion right in front of Sir Shun's mansion. So, he's also wealthy. It's embarrassing that he brought me here.

"Is that so..." I replied.

He dropped me off in front of Sir Shun's house and took my belongings.

"I'll just accompany you inside. I'll also visit Shun, so let me treat that wound on your knee." he said.

"It's okay, Eros. I'll take care of it. It's just a scratch," I replied and opened the gate.

"Just open the door for me. I can manage," he said, so I walked to the front door and opened it. We both went inside.

"Let me put everything on the table." I said and grabbed the ingredients and chicken meat I bought earlier from Eros.

"Take a seat for a moment." I offered to him, so he sat in the living room. I then fetched some water for him.

He stood up and took something from the other room. He seemed to know where everything was in Sir Shun's mansion.

"Sit down." he said upon his return while holding a first aid kit.

"No need, I'll take care of it myself," I refused, but he didn't hand over the first aid kit.

"It's my fault that you got hurt," he insisted.

I just nodded and sat down while he applied the betadine to my knee.

As he cleaned it, I found myself looking at his face. He had somewhat long hair, a sharp nose, fair skin, and he was cute. What's more, he was really kind, unlike Sir Shun.

"Look who's here." I heard Sir Shun's voice. I glanced towards him, and Eros did the same.

"Eze-" Eros called him, but Sir Shun cut him off. "Don't you dare calling me by that name." Sir Shun said, making Eros burst into laughter.

"Okay, sorry... Ezekiel! Haha," Eros replied while laughing.

Sir Shun ignored Eros and turned his gaze to me. "What happened?" he asked.

"Ah, nothing sir. Eros just helped me treat the wound on my knee." I replied.

"How do you know him?" he asked again.

"I just met him earlier, sir. We had a small accident, and he helped me get here. Anyway, you didn't mention how far the market is, sir." I said while forcing a smile.

"You didn't ask." he replied.

*pout

"There, it's all better now. Does it still hurt?" Eros asked.

Eros is really kind. It would be better if he were my Boss.

"Thank you, Eros. I'm fine now. It doesn't hurt anymore," I replied.

I stood up and approached Sir Shun. "Here's the change from my earlier purchase, sir." I said while handing him the money.

"What will I-" he was about to speak, but I cut him off, "Ah! I need to cook. Please excuse me." I said.

I placed the money in his hand since it took a while for him to take it.

"Eros, thank you so much." I whispered to him before heading to the kitchen.

"You're welcome," he replied and smiled at me.

I went to the kitchen and took everything i bought earlier.

Luckily, Eros brought me here; otherwise, I would have died from exhaustion.

Before I started cooking, I changed into the clothes Grandma Venus gave me earlier. I needed to go back home tomorrow to get my own clothes.

To be continued...