Chapter 43 - The Word of God

[A/N - Before I begin, I wanted to speak regarding my long absence from writing.

I have a lot more time on my hands nowadays, so I'm going to attempt to get back into updating hopefully once a week for all of my books.

As for why I was gone for so long; I had just gotten busy with life and hadn't often been able to write. School had drained me both creatively and energy-wise, and I was pretty well dead on my feet when I got home each day last semester.

I uploaded a new book on Nov. 8th, and its first few proper chapters on Nov. 11th in hopes it would get me back in the habit of writing. Sadly, two days later, tragedy would strike and someone I care for took their own life. As to say, any thought of trying to continue writing was certainly not at the forefront of my mind.

It's been about two months now. I've had time to process what happened, and the second semester has started. I ended up switching one of my classes, which has dropped my workload by an insane amount. I'm finally ready to continue my work on these stories.

For all of you who have been patiently waiting for an update to Lovestruck, I'm in the process of working on it. It's just taking time because it's been a while. Chapters will likely be short for the time being, but I will do my best to be uploading.

Thank you all for your patience and for reading my work. It makes me incredibly happy to see people enjoying what I do.]

It was about seven in the morning when Diamond awoke feeling horrendously ill to his stomach. He wasn't sick. But something in his gut felt wrong. His sickness turned to horror quite quickly when he lifted his head to see that you weren't sitting next to him asleep in the car anymore.

He shouted urgently, awakening the other occupants in the vehicle.

The group was in chaos within seconds.

Freddy, however, was actually the helpful one for once. See, he had grown rather fond of jumping into your dreams whenever the chance came around. He'd never have admitted it–not in a million years–but he loved hiding out in your dreams and watching them. You had the strangest dreams... and perhaps it might've helped that you were the one dreaming them.

But more to the point; his intrusion into your mind was abruptly interrupted when an unexpected screech crawled into your dreams. It had woken you up. He had been thrown right out of your dream. He was a bit upset about it, but there wasn't much he could do.

So of course, he figured out pretty fast where you had gone–or more accurately, why you had gone.

"She's running after some stupid fucker who needs saving again. Probably gonna gather us up some more friends for our car ride knowing her."

The suggestion made a depressing amount of sense.

"I'll bet she went back to Ambrose. That place was real fuckin creepy. I'll bet that rough gut feeling we all got was because of a murderer or something."

Diamond frowned, "Oh geez... That's not good..."

"Lord, she really has a way of getting into trouble, doesn't she...?" Norman sighed and reached for his bag, "I suppose we ought to go get her."

Chucky shrugged, "She's got all of us in her car, and she ain't dead yet! What's the worst that could happen?"

Bill groaned, "She could get hurt, fuckwad."

"Yeah, I agree with Norm on this one." Stu raised his hand and grinned, "I mean, she gets into more trouble than anyone we know, yeah? She's, like, a chronic damsel in distress."

"Speak for yourself! She threw me out a fucking window," Chucky snapped.

Diamond groaned and mumbled to himself, "Why am I always sober when these fights happen?"

He rolled a joint and lit it, trying to calm himself before interjecting into the argument. Calm washed over him rather quickly, and he sighs in relief. Finally, he turns towards the shouting group.

"HEY."

Everyone stopped and turned towards him with an irritated expression.

"Get in the cars. We're going to get my Gummy Bear."

The scowl that crossed their faces when he said the word 'my' was less than surprising, but no argument came. The group members filed into their respective vehicles, and the hour-long drive towards Ambrose began.

***

You were dried off and redressed into the most lovely clothes. The softest, most beautiful outfit you'd ever worn. Yet Vincent kept scratching down the same question on the paper.

Are you sure you actually like it?

Every time, you answered 'yes'. How could you not? But he seemed so worried that you didn't. That you disapproved.

Vincent was convinced that because your body was wholly godlike to him, he had nothing in his whole repertoire that could've complimented your form. Of course, you still looked gorgeous. But it just didn't do you justice.

More importantly, however, it was late. Actually, it was early. About 4 in the morning. You were exhausted. Regretful.

And Vincent saw it. In those shimmering, gorgeous eyes of yours sat the most horrendous pain he'd ever seen.

So it was no surprise when he was quick to offer you some food and a warm bed.

He cooked you some dinner–nothing fancy, but not bad–then sat there and watched you eat with the strangest fascination. The way your jaw moved... The tired look on your face... A perfect image of god.

It was strange. As if Vincent had found religion. No, not 'as if'. He had. His deity. That's what you were. His goddess. His muse.

When you finished eating, he brought you up to his bedroom, insisting that he would sleep on the couch downstairs so that he could watch for Bo's return home. After all, if Bo did return, and subsequently found out about your status amongst the living, things would go south.

You were fine with that. It was a smart idea. And besides, you were far too tired to really debate with anyone.

You fell asleep quickly.

And you would end up regretting that decision within seconds.

[Words: 766]