Chapter 9 - I'm Your Friend to the End

You stepped out of the shower and started to dry yourself, when you heard a rather concerning sound from your living room. You were immediately concerned that your two pals were currently doing something very concerning, but that didn't quite feel right. The sound you'd heard was an odd mix between a yelp and a screech.

Worried for your friend's well being, you quickly finished drying off and pulled on some pajamas. Once you were decent, you walked out into the living room. The two friends came dragging you towards the living room table, and what you saw made your blood run cold.

There, on the table, was the doll. Sitting lifelessly as you'd left him. The only issue was that he was spouting voice lines. "Hi! I'm Chucky! And I'm your friend to the end! Hidey Ho, Hahaha!"

"Hahaha... Very funny, guys. Which one of you put batteries in the damn doll?"

Freddy groaned and picked up the doll. He flung the battery compartment open to reveal that it was, in fact, still empty. You walked towards Freddy and took the doll from him.

In what had to be the smartest act you'd ever committed, you held the doll by the arm and carried it to your bathroom. Your friends followed you with curiosity and concern etched into their faces.

You set down the doll on the counter and plugged your bathroom sink, then turned on the water and let it fill. "Freddy, Diamond, I need to go grab something. Watch that thing. Make sure it doesn't... do anything. And if it does, punch it. Also, turn off the water once the sink is full. Behave yourselves."

"Yeah yeah, we get it mom. We're not kids, you know." Freddy responded. Diamond rolled his eyes.

You rushed out of the room, leaving Freddy and Diamond alone with one another again.

"Eat shit and die." Freddy stated casually.

"Yes, fuck you." Diamond responded in kind.

The two men stared at the doll with intensity and nervousness, which only heightened when they saw its eyes move to the side. The duo froze.

"You saw that bitch's eyes move, right?" Freddy whispered.

"Yeah." Diamond responded. He then picked up the doll and knocked its head against the counter. The doll's eyes widened slightly, and yet, it still didn't seem entirely like it was moving. They could have just shaken said eyes when they knocked the thing on the counter.

Interrupting their endeavor was you, who marched back into the room with some very concerning items. A battery, some jumper cables, and some salt. You grinned evilly as you carefully hooked up the cables and turned off the water in the sink.

You poured the salt into the water, and then grabbed the doll from Diamond's hand. With a sadistic grin, you shoved its head into the water and turned on the jumper cables.

A resounding screech came from the doll as electricity poured through its plastic veins. You watched as the water popped and sizzled, and the doll's hair singed at the tips. You had long since let go of it, not wanting to electrocute yourself along with it.

***

Chucky was sure this was the worst day of his life. First, he'd gone to attack that damn CEO, but hadn't managed to. The asshole had to get on a flight. Naturally, Chucky snuck into his luggage and got himself a flight as well. Apparently to California. Odd, he'd never been there before. He really hadn't ever left the east coast of the US. The farthest he'd ever gone from his home in Chicago was his birthplace of New Jersey.

The CEO thing sucked. He was planning on killing that douchebag in that office, but of course, it had to be someone else's office. Of course, there didn't seem to be a need to kill that girl at the time. She was just quitting her job. If he was honest, he'd enjoyed when he saw that bastard CEO's face drop. To be fair, what kind of weirdo hires a secretary in a different state? Like, really. No wonder she wanted to quit.

However, he soon found out that she was a nutjob. A serious nutjob. He blamed himself slightly for not having been fast enough getting out of there, but he was too busy for self-pity right now. Mainly because he was being electrocuted. That bitch picked him up off the ground, saw that something wasn't right, and her instinct was to electrocute him. Now, he was being shocked to death in a bathroom sink while three weirdos stared in astonishment at his suffering.

He could feel the electricity slide through his veins, making his blood boil and freeze at the same time. It felt like a million tiny fingers were pinching at his nerves. He felt like every part of his body was both energized and tired at once. What kind of sick bullshit was this? He was screeching his lungs out, and then he couldn't. He'd lost air. He was drowning.

He was dying. Again. Son of a bitch, he was dying again. He was sure of it. So why wasn't he dead? His vision had gone black. Surely he was about to die. So why wasn't he dying? The electricity was still there. Was his rubber skin helping cancel it out? If it was, it was doing a pretty shitty job.

Then it stopped. But he wasn't dead. Had someone turned off the electricity? Was he going to be okay? No. He wouldn't be okay. Who would be okay after that? But he was alive. He was alive. He felt the water drain away from his head. He could breathe again. Just barely. But it was enough.

He was alive.

***

You'd been staring at this damn doll for a few minutes now. The lightning fest had done a number on the little fuck. Its casing had split open, revealing red and bloodied guts underneath. A lightning shaped scar pattern etched itself into what you were now sure was skin. Its eyes were sunken and tired, and its hair was singed black at the ends, rather than its original bright red.

You finally realized the little shit probably needed medical attention. You immediately checked to see if it was breathing at all, wanting to be sure it was even worth saving. Small labored breaths left the unconscious doll, and you heaved a sigh in relief.

Diamond and Freddy stood awkwardly, horrified by whatever the hell they'd just seen. While they stared in awe at the events unfolding around them, you dug through your cabinets for a first aid kit, along with a sewing kit.

You hastily ran off to your craft room and retrieved a staple gun, noting that sewing may not be enough for some of those wounds. You then disinfected the doll's wounds and sewed them shut. You wrapped some bandaging around its wounds and placed it onto your bed.

Now that the poor doll was all wrapped up, you noted that its clothes were soaked. You admitted freely that you didn't particularly want to undress the doll, lest it be even more human than expected. You turned to your friends, who had been silent throughout this event, and sighed.

"Would you two do me a favor? I need to get the clothes off of this thing so I can wash them, but I'd really rather not undress it. I'm worried it might be... a little too human, if you will."

Freddy paused for a sec, then broke down laughing, "YOU'RE KIDDING ME!!" he wheezed as he doubled over on the floor, laughing at you. You debated for a second about hitting him over the head with a wooden spoon, but luckily, you thought better of it. You looked to Diamond, hoping he would be willing to take up the task if Freddy wouldn't.

"Sure thing, Gummy Bear. I gotcha." He turned to Freddy, "C'mon Freddy, get up off your ass. We gotta strip this doll naked."

"SUCK MY DICK, CHRIS." Freddy responded, flipping Diamond off.

"Sorry, I'm not into eating overcooked bacon."

You had to stifle a laugh as you gathered up the jumper cables, salt, battery, and laundry hamper, and made your way out of the room. You quite enjoyed those two's antics, after all. Hopefully they'd take care of the doll while you took care of the laundry.

As you piled your laundry into the washer, you heard your phone ring in the living room. You groaned and decided that if it really mattered, they'd call you back. With that in mind, you finished throwing the clothes into the washing machine.

Once your laundry was running, you moved to the dryer and pulled out the dried clothes in it. Freddy's clothes looked so much cleaner before, and also didn't smell like burnt flesh and blood anymore, so that was nice.

You filled the hamper with clean clothes, sighing in contentment at the feeling of the clean laundry. You were sadly broken from your enjoyment when you heard a screech from your bedroom.

Just what had those boys done now?

[Words: 1522]