Chapter 10 - Down and Up Again

Normally taking off a doll's clothes isn't going to hurt anyone. Normally. But as this day had proved time and time again, 'normal' wasn't an applicable term. So naturally, when you heard that ear-splitting screech, you had two thoughts. One was concern about whatever the hell the two idiots in your room had done, and the other was fear about your neighbors hearing any of the shit that went on in your unit.

However, despite your concern, you decided that your moronic friends could handle whatever nightmare fuel that had caused that horrendous scream. Instead, you chose to take up a place at your coffee table and fold your clean clothes. Again, you heard a terrified screech, but this time it was a voice you didn't recognize.

Freddy's voice was deep, and sassy. It was bold. Diamond's voice was lazy and relaxed. This was neither. First of all, It wasn't as deep as the others at all. It was actually very high, though perhaps that was just because it was a scream. You also noted how distinctly rough that voice was. It was... hard to describe.

Regardless, it concerned you quite a bit to be hearing an unfamiliar voice. Perhaps it was the doll you'd relentlessly shocked. You set down the shirt you were folding and knocked on the door to your bedroom, "Everything okay, boys?"

"GUMMY BEAR PLEASE GET IN HERE. LIKE, NOW! YOU'VE GOTTA SEE THIS." Diamond shouted at you through the door. You rolled your eyes and entered the room.

"Alright what's going on..." your voice faded out when you saw the doll standing on your bed with an angry look on its face. You honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Opting to keep things from going south any further than they had, you held your tongue.

"What are you lookin at???" asked the doll.

You didn't usually make stupid decisions like the several you had made today. And now, it was time for your decision making abilities to return. You hastily lifted the doll off the bed, opened your bedroom window, and threw it out into the road three stories down.

The only problem was, he hadn't fallen apart like you would've hoped. He'd been too lucky. His tiny doll body had reached terminal velocity, and he had the chance to save himself. You saw him look up at your head as you peaked out your window, and raised you a middle finger.

With a grin, you returned the gesture, then slunk back into your house. You immediately checked that the front door to your unit was locked, just in case. And a good thing you did, too. Your stupid ass had left the damn thing unlocked!

Once you'd confirmed that the doll wouldn't be able to sneak in, you finally took a look at the clock next to your bed. Shit. It was 8:00 at night. How had you not noticed? Sure, it was only now getting dark, the glory of summer after all, but still.

You stared at the clock with an inconvenient realization. Freddy was stuck with you. Where was he going to sleep? If Diamond wasn't staying with you, then sure, it would be less of a problem, but you would prefer that Diamond did stay with you, considering the issues that you'd faced today.

You hummed to yourself, debating. Memory struck your head, and you sighed in relief at the sudden awareness that you had an extra mattress put away in your art room closet, "Hey, Freddy. Do you sleep?" you asked. Better to check before having to pull out the whole damn mattress.

"You could say that, dollface. You remember how I showed up in your dreams? Well, I had to be asleep to appear there." Freddy explained. His explanation made no real sense, but it was enough to get you from point A, the question, to point B, the answer.

"Okay. Well, I've got an extra mattress in the art room I can pull out for you to use. I can set it up in the living room if you want."

He smirked, "Or we could shar-" His flirtatious statement was cut off by a swift smack to the face from Diamond.