Chapter 29 - I Have My Limits

You had been driving for nearly two hours now, trying to get away from the image of that tooth in Freddy's hand. Something about it was visceral to you. The picture had burned itself into your retinas.

You felt your stomach twist into knots. You pulled over on the side of the road and opened the car door, leaning out onto the dead grass. You felt your stomach heave and you coughed, letting stomach acid shoot up your throat and onto the ground.

The flavor lingered in your mouth. There was a burning sensation in the back of your throat. Tears pricked at your eyes, stinging. [Deity], it was sickening. Like, so insanely gross.

You lifted your head from the grass, hoping your stomach would settle. It didn't. Freddy climbed out of the car and grabbed your hair, holding it behind you. Your stomach heaved again, and vomit poured from your throat again.

Finally, you felt the horrible knot in your stomach release, and you lifted your head, sobs clouding your vision. You slowly backed up away from the puddle of bile. Diamond climbed out of the car carrying a box of wipes.

You sat vacantly staring off into the distance. Your mind was blank and lost. The world spun. You saw the tooth in your mind. You imagined that entire festival, wolfing down spoonfuls of human flesh.

Diamond wiped the remaining vomit from your chin. Freddy rested his burnt hand against your forehead, checking your temperature. Your head was warm. Really warm. It was probably because of how hot it was out, mixed with insane amounts of stress.

You vaguely remembered what the doctor had said to you a few weeks ago. That you shouldn't subject yourself to stressful situations. You hadn't listened very well, had you? After all, attacks from spiders and human chili weren't exactly stress relieving situations.

You felt a chill run up and down your spine. You felt horrifically sick. No longer sick to your stomach, but instead sick to your head. A horrible fever was taking its place in you.

You went silent. Your vision went black.

***

Your head pounded. Your eyelids lifted, and you felt light stream into them. You felt cold. Ill. A blanket draped around you. You were sat in the passenger seat of your car, with Diamond at the wheel. He was driving towards town, trying to find the nearest doctor's office.

You lifted your head a bit, feeling a splitting headache thump in your brain.

"Hey Gummy Bear. How you feelin'?"

You tried to respond, but your throat was dry. You reached out for the bottle of water in the cupholder. Your hand couldn't quite reach. Norman handed you the bottle, wiping your head with a cool towel.

You slowly drank the water, trying to be slow. The water felt thick as you swallowed. Your head pounded. You sighed and pulled the bottle away from your lips.

"...head... hurts..." You were exhausted.

"Yeah, I know it does, Gummy Bear. You wanna sit in the back seat, or stay up here?"

"...wanna lay down..."

"Of course. Whatever you want, Gummy Bear."

Diamond pulled over to the side of the road. Bill and Stu helped carry you to the backseat. Freddy took the passenger seat.

In your exhausted state, you curled up into yourself, wrapping Chucky in your arms. You squeezed him a bit too tight, perhaps, as you fell asleep.

(A/N - super sorry for the short chapter. As I said, I've been swamped, and am working on two books updating everyday, sooo... yeah. I really hope you guys enjoy what I'm writing, and I'm so sorry that I don't have the time to do more. Please enjoy the story, little Gummy Bears. I'll see you all tomorrow.)

[Words: 570]