Chapter 13 - Fuck the American Healthcare System

(A/N - My bestie makes a cameo in this chapter! Please, go check out their account @whereismehcrock420 here on wattpad! They're awesome!

Edit - So I see a lot of comments in here cheering for Hannibal Lecter, and while I understand your enthusiasm, I must sadly say he doesn't show up for quite a while in this story. Sorry! )

You didn't quite know where you were. What you did know? It was bright. It was insanely bright. So you closed your eyes again and let them adjust before peeling them back open.

You were in a hospital bed. Not some trippy drugged out weirdo hospital room, but just... a hospital room. A real one. A doctor stood talking to Diamond. Freddy, Chucky, Bill, and Stu were nowhere to be seen. Immediately, it filled you with a deep panic.

"Excuse me?" Your throat felt dry and sore as you spoke. Diamond perked up immediately when he heard your voice. The doctor smiled politely.

"Ah, good morning Ms. L/N. I'm Doctor Cor. How are you feeling?" Doctor Cor asked politely.

"I'm okay, just a bit... fuzzy. What happened?"

Diamond walked over and sat with you, worry running like a river through his emerald eyes, "You were just washing your hands. The stress of the day caught up with you. You were clenching your fists without realizing it, and started bleeding. The stress and pain knocked you out cold. At least, that's what the doc says most likely happened."

Doctor Cor nodded, "Yup. Uhm, could you tell me what might have caused this kind of stress for you?"

You hesitated for a moment, debating internally whether or not to explain the odd events, but you chose not to. Instead, you opted for the most believable ordeal, and one that was, at the very least, partially true, "I quit my job. It was a little scary because I've never really worked anywhere else. I started on it right out of college, and I've been saving, and though I've saved a lot, I'm still worried that maybe I won't have enough. And I quit. I guess I was just worried about my future."

The doctor nodded again, "I see. Well, that makes sense to me, I guess. Get some rest then. I'll be back to check on you in a few hours."

Doctor Cor left the room. Diamond sat on the edge of the bed, "Hey, Gummy Bear... You okay?"

You sighed, "How long was I out?"

"About six hours. You're okay. It's about 2am now. I went to check on the boys. They're okay. Freddy is out on his mattress, Chucky on the couch. Bill and Stu went home."

You nodded. You had to admit that you were pretty exhausted yourself, "That's good. What about the food? And did you take the tape out of the player?"

Diamond nodded, "Yeah. I put it back in its case on the shelf. I put the pizza in the fridge. The popcorn is in a tupperware. I was thinking of coating it in caramel. Would you like that?"

You smiled weakly, "Yeah. I would." You were so tired. Your eyelids were getting insanely heavy.

"That's good. I'll stay here for tonight. I'll be over on that couch, okay Gummy Bear? You get some rest, okay?" He rested a hand on your shoulder and leaned over to place a kiss on your forehead. "I love you. Goodnight."

But you were already asleep.

Diamond sat down on a chair in the corner of the room. A bag sat on the chair next to his filled with the clothes you'd been wearing when the ambulance had picked you up. They'd changed you into a hospital gown when they were running the necessary tests.

He leaned back in his chair and sighed, stress etched harshly into his features. A part of him wanted to storm back to the apartment and put those morons in their place for doing this to you. The other part, however, the small voice of reasoning in the back of his head, said that it wouldn't help anything. It would only stress you out more.