Chapter 7 - Out The Door

"No. Absolutely not."

"Oh for [preferred deity]'s sake, put on the damn sweater!"

"No!" Freddy shook his head vehemently at your demands. It wasn't exactly unreasonable for him to refuse, after all. The sweater was horrendously not his style. Pastel pink and blue diagonal stripes weren't exactly what Freddy called fashion. Though, admittedly, his definition of fashion most certainly needed a bit of work

"Either you put on the sweater, or I put it on you myself." You shouted. You most likely realized rather quickly you could've picked numerous better threats, but it was far too late.

"Is that a promise~?" Freddy teased. You had to restrain yourself from punching him, instead opting to fling the sleeves of the shirt around his neck and tug, effectively choking him. While he gagged and pawed with his ungloved hand at the sleeve, you smirked and chuckled at him.

"Are you done being difficult, Freddy?" A sadistic grin was plastered across your face as you listened to his gasping answers. A string of curses and pleas that were near indecipherable from his lack of air were all you could hear.

Finally, you released him from your cruel grasp. He gasped desperately, nearly doubling over in his urgency to run away from you. As he struggled to stand, you grabbed his arm and dragged him to sit on the edge of your bed.

The fight had entirely left him now, and he sat, heaving breaths, on the edge of the mattress. He held his right hand slightly off the bed, trying not to cut up your sheets if he could avoid it.

While you and Freddy fought with one another, Diamond was blow drying his hair in your bathroom, trying to perfect the long surfer waves he had been sporting since his senior year of college in '72.

"Would you two chill out? Gummy Bear, don't waste your pretty sweaters on this nutcase. If he gets spotted, who cares?" your best friend asked, a yawn escaping his lips as he did, slurring some of his words together.

Freddy rolled his eyes and gave Diamond the finger, then turned back to you, "Look, Dollface, I can't really put the damn shirt on myself. I have knives on my hand, remember?" He raised his hand, wiggling his clawed finger, and smirked.

"Then take the damn glove off, shithead." You instructed. Freddy rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Not that simple, Dollface. I'd take it off, but you see, I can't quite get it loose. I'd stab myself if I tried too. After all, I'm in the real world right now. I'm not playing by my rules here." He explained, a mocking apologetic tone dripping from his voice.

You rolled your eyes and glared at him, "Then I'll take it off of you myself. Hold still."

He nodded reluctantly and held out his gloved hand, once again muttering to himself that you were a bitch. He may not have been wrong, but you were still slightly tempted to strangle him with that shirt again.

The glove was a bit of a pain in the ass to get off, but you managed well enough. It took a bit of fiddling, mainly because it seemed the metal that surrounded his hand was too tight to be easily removable. When you finally got it loose, you immediately took the glove to your bathroom and locked it into a cabinet.

"Now then, take these clothes and go get changed." You set down the sweater, along with a pair of jeans, on the bed next to Freddy. He scowls at you, then grins evilly. You turned around to get your own clothes out of your closet, and when you turned back towards Freddy, you froze.

Freddy casually took off his hat, set it on the bed, and flung his sweater off. It was... weird. He had impressive musculature. If his flesh wasn't burned all to hell, you probably would've found it attractive. But it was. And you didn't. Well, you sure hoped you didn't. Okay, maybe a little bit. But... yeah, you weren't wanting to think too deeply about that. At all.