chapter 37

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked and I sat down on a piano bench.

"Harry, when was the last time we actually had a conversation?" He was about to say something. "Without it turning into an argument."

"We're having a conversation now." Harry sat at his desk and crossed his arms over his chest. "Let's just wait it out. He gets impatient and he'll let us out eventually."

"No, you need to tell me why you're so pissed at me." I rose my voice and Harry looked over at me. "Okay, I want to fix this and I can't do it by myself."

"I'm not pissed at you." Harry rolled his eyes and I sighed.

"It's because I can't get pregnant, don't try and say it's not." My voice broke and his eyes softened. "You've barely talked to me, let alone look at me in the last three months. I'm sorry that I couldn't get pregnant and that you can't have a kid but that doesn't mean you can shut me out."

"The only thing I have ever asked from you is a kid and you can't do that. How do you think I was gonna react? Be all 'oh, it's okay. We have options besides that and can spend a bunch of money to test it out. Just so you can have a baby.' So yeah, I am pissed." Harry finished and I blinked back tears. "But you don't even seem phased, it's like you aren't even the tiniest bit upset about it."

"If you think that I'm not upset, then you must be crazy." I dryly laughed. "It has been fucking killing me because I can't do the one thing that I am supposed to be able to. I have watched you cry and yell and throw things because of it and what have you done for me. Absolutely nothing. You just lock yourself away in here and only consider your own feelings, nobody else's. God Harry, I took twelve sleeping pills the other day and you wanna know what you said? You asked me why I was asleep instead of making you dinner. Maybe it's because I can't handle being awake because I hate it so much. I have tried to make you happy for the past three months and I can't do it. If you want to hate me and avoid me, go ahead and call the lawyers because I don't want to live like this anymore." I finished and a few tears had fallen down my face. I pounded on the door and sniffled. "Louis let me out, I'm done."

"Anna wait-" Harry got up and I pounded on the door again.

"Louis I swear to god if you don't open this door, I'm going to lose it." My voice broke and the door finally opened, revealing Louis standing there with wide eyes. "Don't ever lock me in a room with him again."

"Anna, just wait a second." Harry tried and I turned around to face him.

"I've waited for you for three months. I can't wait anymore."

I shoved past Louis and walked up the stairs, shutting the bedroom door behind me. I reached under the bed and grabbed a duffel bag, opening it up on the bed. I walked over to my closet and swung the door open, grabbing random articles of clothing. I threw them in the duffel bag and grabbed some necessities from the bathroom. I zipped up the bag and slung it over my shoulder, taking one last look around the room before walking back down the stairs. Louis and Harry were sitting at the kitchen table and I made my way to the front door, swinging it open. Harry followed behind me as I quickly walked to my car. I tossed my bag in the backseat and was about to get in but Harry held my door closed.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked and I turned to face him.

"Anywhere but here." I replied, harshly and tried to open the door. "You know, Harry, you changed when we started dating but now, it's like you are a completely different person. You're just like you were in high school."

"I am not that person and you know it." Harry looked at me with a pleading look in his eyes. "Please don't leave."

"I just need some time to think. I'll call you later, but please just leave me alone for a couple days. You shouldn't have trouble keeping up the silent act." His face fell and I finally opened the door. "Happy anniversary, Harry."

I shut my door behind me and backed out of the driveway, trying not to look at Harry standing there. I drove through the small neighborhood and out onto the main road. I leaned my elbow on the windowsill and bit my thumb as tears filled my eyes. After a few minutes of driving, my vision became blurry so I pulled over.

I leaned my forehead on the wheel as a sob ripped its way out of my throat. Sobs wracked my body as I unbuckled my seatbelt, curling into myself. My stomach began to churn and I quickly opened my car door and ran around to the small grassy area in time for bile to come out of my mouth. I coughed and threw up another time before sitting against the side of my car. I cried into my knees and pulled my phone out of my jacket pocket, shakily dialing Gemma's number.

"Hey, girl, what's up?" She asked and I only let out a sob. "Anna, what's wrong?"

"I had a fight with Harry and now I'm sitting on the side of the road and I threw up and I don't know what to do." I could barely say my words because of the crying and Gemma sighed.

"Stay where you are, I'm coming to get you."

"Thanks, Gem." I sniffled and hung up, leaning my head back against the car door. After only a few seconds, it began sprinkling and then a full on downpour. I didn't even bother getting back in my car. I just felt numb.