chapter 1

"My, my, my, my, oh give me love."

Ed Sheeran's music floated through the speakers as I sat, bored, at the counter. I drummed my short nails on the computer keyboard and put my head in my free hand. Letting a sigh fall from my lips, my eyes scanned the store. I had already sorted and organized all the Cd's and the books have been put on their correct shelves. Suddenly the front bell rang so I stood up straighter, my breath hitching as the person walked in. He walked around the store and grabbed a CD before making his way to the counter, a smirk falling on his lips.

"Well, look what we have here." He sneered and threw the disc in the counter.

I shakily scanned it and mumbled out the total. Harry handed over a wadded up bill and I gave him his change, flinching as our fingers brushed. I put the CD along with his receipt in a small bag and handed it over, my eyes never meeting his.

"Why so scared of me?" He taunted and I kept my eyes down, silently wishing he would just leave.

Harry finally walked out of the store and I let out a breath of relief that I didn't know I was holding in. I leaned my hands on the counter and gripped the edge to where my knuckles were white. I adjusted my glasses and walked to the back room. I grabbed my black, fabric bag and slung it over my shoulder before going to the door. After turning off the light switch, I locked it behind me and walked to my car, throwing the bag in the passenger seat.

As the old car sputtered to a start, I let a sigh fall from my lips, this thing is a piece of crap. I backed out of the lot and made my way down the empty roads of Holmes Chapel. I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel to the radio and finally pulled up the driveway. I turned the car off and slowly climbed out, preparing myself for what was inside. I made it to the door and pushed inside, immediately being greeted by Dad sitting in the living room, passed out on the couch. There were beer bottles all around the floor and a few cigarette buds on the coffee table.

I sighed and made my way upstairs, careful not to wake him up. Who knows what he would do if he woke up? I shut my bedroom door behind me and threw my bag on the ground. Pulling my phone out, I plugged it up and went over to my dresser. I grabbed a pair of shorts and a large t-shirt and began to undress. As I pulled my shirt on, I caught a look at myself in the mirror. All I felt was hatred and disappointment for myself. Faded scars and new cuts littered my forearms, thighs and hips. I shoved the t-shirt over my stomach and turned around to put my dirty clothes in the hamper. My breath hitched when I saw eyes watching me from the window next door. Harry never faltered his piercing gaze on me so I quickly went into the bathroom. Oh shit. He just saw me undress. I guess that adds on to the list of things he can make fun of me for.

I brushed my teeth and threw my long, brown hair up into a bun before cleaning all the makeup off my face. I did my business and turned the light off, making my way to bed. I quickly looked out the window to see Harry sitting at his desk, his shirtless back facing me. He had to choose that moment to turn around from the land a smirk fell on his face as he caught be staring. I immediately turned around and the heat rushed to my cheeks. I sat on my twin sized bed, trying to get my heart rate back to normal. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him sit on his bed and I put my head in my hands.

"Where the hell were you?" I heard Dad slur and my palms began to sweat as he came closer to my door. "You gonna answer me, bitch?"

"I was at work." I stuttered out and he came up to me, pulling me up from the bed.

Before I could stop him, his hand was raised and thrown back down on my cheek. I bit my lip, trying not to make a sound and tears filled my eyes at the stinging in my cheek. Dad shoved me, making me fall on my butt to the floor and he left the room, stumbling back downstairs. As my door slammed behind him, I flinched, the sound cutting the silence. I pulled my knees to my chest and a few tears trickled down my face when I heard the fridge door open and a bottle being opened. I scrambled up from my spot on the floor and locked my door, my heart beating like crazy in my chest. I wiped the tears from my face and turned around, only to see Harry staring with wide eyes from his room. How many things can he see in one night? I quickly turned my light off and climbed in bed. God, I wish I was just invisible.

***********************************************************************

Hi! I hope you enjoy this fanfiction, I know I have enjoyed writing it. For the characters so far, Anna is portrayed by Halsey and Harry is just himself. I will probably be posting updates at least once a week. Have fun reading!