chapter 13

"Harry," I groaned as someone shook my shoulder. "Harry, get up. Anna's awake." My eyes flew open at the mention of Anna and I shoved Zayn out of my way, walking to the back of the bus. She was sitting cross legged on the couch, fiddling with her sweater.

"Anna?" I said quietly and she looked up, hearing me walk in. "How're you feeling?" I sat down across from her and she shrugged, keeping her gaze down.

"Fine." She mumbled and I heard her sniffle.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked, not really knowing what to say.

"Can you stay with me in my bus tonight?" Anna asked, disregarding my question.

I nodded and she shakily stood up, silently walking to the front of the bus. All the guys poked their head out of their bunks, except Louis, and gave me questioning looks. I shook my head and followed Anna to her bus. Once inside, Lou gave us a smile and left. We walked to the her bunk, which was twice as big as my small one, and she climbed in. I kicked my boots off and followed suit, getting under the Ninja Turtle comforter.

"Why'd you do it?" I asked quietly after a few minutes of her staring intently at my t-shirt logo.

"Can we just not talk, please?" She asked and her voice broke.

~Anna~

"Can we just not talk, please?" I asked and my voice faltered.

"Then when will you talk? Because you never want to talk to me about anything. You just push me away and I don't know what to do. Please help me so that I can help you." Harry looked down at me, almost as if he was pleading for me to give him an answer.

"I'm not good at this, Harry. I've never had anyone and now you're with me all the time. I can't always tell you what I'm feeling because I don't even know what is going on in my mind half of the time." I couldn't even finish because I didn't know what to say.

When my mom left I completely shut myself out to anyone and everyone, even Harry. My dad was never an option to talk to because he was always drunk and Harry hated me. So, I never talked to anyone about what was going on. It's not like they would care, anyways. I'd just be another pathetic girl with a sad story.

"Shutting everyone out won't help. You can't live your whole life like that." Harry said after a moment.

"I've done it for 19 years, it's not that hard." I mumbled and he let out an agitated sigh.

"Just let me help you." Harry whispered and I shook my head.

"The only thing wrong with that plan is that I'm too broken to be fixed." I mumbled and kept my gaze on his t-shirt.

"Why do you do that?" Harry asked suddenly and I quirked an eyebrow. "You put yourself down and don't even accept help from anyone. Unlike everyone else in your life, I'm actually trying." Harry realized what he said and his face fell.

"Maybe you should join the club, then." I sat up and got out of the bunk, going into the small kitchen.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked and I rolled my eyes.

"You're right, nobody has ever cared about me. And then here you come, acting like I'm gonna automatically open up to you. I don't do that, so you might as well just leave now because you won't be getting anything out of me anytime soon." I finished and Harry's mouth fell open but he walked to the door.

"If that's how you feel, maybe we just shouldn't be together." Harry said and I looked down. "See you at soundcheck." Harry left and slammed the door, making me cringe.

I groaned to myself and walked back to my bunk, climbing in and pushing the curtain closed. I curled up in the covers and felt tears come to my eyes. I pressed my face into the pillow, trying not to let any escape. I shouldn't cry over this. We were barely even together for a month.

A few tears leaked out and I sniffled, my bottom lip quivering. Before I knew it, I was full on sobbing into my pillow. I don't think I have cried so much in a 24 hour period. It got to where I could barely breathe so I stood up from the bunk and started pacing my bus, trying to calm myself down. I tugged at my hair and sat down on the ground, against the couch, and pulled my knees to my chest.

"Anna?" I looked up from my legs to see Zayn stepping into the bus. I sniffled and wiped my tears. "You alright?"

"Yeah, just stubbed my toe." I stumbled over my words and Zayn sat down across from me.

"Yeah right." He snorted and I smiled a little. "What did Harry do this time?"

"He dumped me."

I reached into my bunk, grabbing my lighter as Zayn brought out a pack of cigarettes. He handed me one and I lit it before tossing my lighter to him. He threw it to the floor after his bud was orange and I leaned my head back, inhaling and exhaling the smoke. I probably shouldn't be smoking on the bus, but I could really care less right now.

"God, I need to stop crying." I mumbled and took a drag.

"That's a dick move, especially after what happened earlier." Zayn blew his smoke into rings and I nodded.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked, immediately regretting the words that came out.

"Can I not make new friends?" Zayn asked with a small laugh and I kept quiet. "C'mon, maybe we could end up being great friends and we are just now realizing it because you hated my guts a month ago."

"You are one of a kind, Malik." I mumbled and blew smoke into the air.

"Trust me, I know." He laughed and finished off his cigarette before telling me goodnight and going back to his bus.