chapter 8

3 weeks later

~Harry~

"That's what makes you beautiful." We all sung the last chord and the large crowd erupted into screams.

"Goodnight, Dublin!" Niall yelled into his mic and we all jumped down, off of the stage.

I could still hear the screams as we ran to the bus. I threw my sweaty shirt off, handing it over to Caroline who was attempting to keep up with us. I ran up the bus steps and tried to catch my breath. I grabbed a random shirt that was on the floor and slid it over my head, shaking out my hair. After the five of us piled on to the bus, we drove out of the parking garage and to the hotel.

"I think that was the best place we've ever performed at." Niall said and I laughed, grabbing a water bottle.

"It's only because you're from around here, Mr. Leprechaun." Zayn laughed and I let out a sigh of relief as we pulled up to the hotel. I was exhausted. We have played a show for three nights in a row and we finally get a day off tomorrow. I plan on sleeping for as long as I can.

"Alright, stay as close as possible because there's a group of fans." Paul said and we stood up, bracing ourselves for crazy girls.

All of our names were yelled and flashes were going off when we walked off the bus and into the lobby of the nice hotel. Paul got the room keys and led us to the elevator. We all split up and thankfully, I got a room to myself.

"Thank god I don't have to wake up to your naked arse in the morning. Oh, you have a present in your room, by the way." Liam playfully shoved me and I laughed, going into my room. I sat my duffel bag down and flicked on the light, a scream being let out.

"What the hell?" Anna yelled at me and crossed her arms over her sports bra covered chest. "Why are you in my room?"

"Your room? This is my room! Paul gave me the key." I trailed off and groaned to myself. He has been trying to get Anna and I to talk since tour started and I guess this is his way of doing that.

"Well, go stay with one of the other boys." Anna pulled a large t-shirt over her head and I couldn't help but notice the fresh cuts on her stomach. "God, you're acting like you've never seen a bra before."

"It's just for one night and there's two beds. We don't even have to talk." I sighed, rubbing my eyes. If I didn't get in a bed and go to sleep in the next hour, I might murder someone.

"Fine, but I still hate you." She mumbled the last part and I rolled my eyes, going to the bathroom. I shut the door behind me and pulled my phone out of my back pocket, pulling up the band's group message.

To: 5D's
I hate all of you.

From: Liam
Love u 2 Haz.

I shut my phone off and grabbed my toothbrush, squirting the blue paste onto it. As I brushed my teeth, I heard Anna quietly singing to herself in the main room. I shook my head, spitting out the foam. I rinsed my mouth and wiped the excess toothpaste off before going back out. Anna immediately stopped singing and she kept tugging at the shorts she had on. I could already see the old scars and I flickered my gaze from the ones on her thighs to the ones on her thin wrists.

She quickly crossed her arms after finding me looking and walked over to her bed. I chuckled a little, seeing the small teddy bear that she has had since we were in preschool. It's eyes were barely hanging on and the brown fabric wasn't fluffy anymore. Anna turned off her bedside lamp and got under the covers, turning away from me. I threw my shirt and tight jeans into my duffel bag, climbing into the soft bed.

"When did you dye your hair?" I asked, trying to break the awkward tension that was looming in the room.

"A few months ago." Anna answered and I smiled a little. The only times she talks to me or the guys is if she's telling us to fuck off.

"I like it." I said quietly and she let out a breath, obviously uncomfortable with me being in here. "I can go to one of the guys rooms if you want."

"No," Anna sighed. "I'm sorry, it was rude of me to get all uptight." She said quietly.

"In the past." I fiddled with the ring on my pointer finger. "How are you, Anna? You never answered me the other day."

"Fine, you?" She redirected the question to me and I laughed. She always used to do this. "Why are you laughing?"

"You never liked to answer questions about yourself." I chuckled. "But, I am doing fantastic. How's your dad?"

"Um, I haven't talked to him since I left." A silence fell upon us and I frowned. "Harry, why are you being like this? What changed over the past two years?"

"I realized how much of an asshole I was." I kept it simple and she sighed.

"What did I do to make you hate me so much?" She asked quietly and I turned my head to see her looking at me.

"You made me fall in love with you." I replied and Anna was silent for a moment before sitting up in her bed.

"What do you mean?" She asked, her voice wavering.

"I had liked you since sixth grade but I knew that you would never reciprocate those feelings so I was angry. When your mom left and you started going downhill, I chose that time to start hating you. I don't even know why I did that. You never did anything to me, you just needed someone to be there for you."

"I still do." Anna whispered. "I've needed you since my mom left but you were never there. It made me feel practically sick every time we walked past each other in the halls and you would act like we were never friends. I returned that hatred because you left me and became the big shot of the school."

"I'm sorry." I said quietly and sat up too.

"I just want my best friend back."