TASK THREE: Male Entries

District 1 Male - CASIMIR LYONS

The odd feeling of being surrounded by the jungle seems to bring me to the edge. I move hesitantly towards Castiel, who has fallen asleep against a tree. His face occasionally twitches, his eyebrows gently rising before falling back into their place. I try and use Castiel as a distraction but even his familiar face isn't enough to draw my attention from the sounds coming from the foliage.

The roar of the jungle breaks me from my eerie glance but even as they whiz through the air, Castiel still lies fast asleep. People of District One often become heavy sleepers. The noises from the mines that surround most of the upper-class estates have trained us to block out any loud noises.

He purrs gently in his sleep but as a screeching sound reaches an ear piercing his eyes finally jolt open.

"What was that?" he asks, his eyes still not fully adjust to the lack of light.

I go to reply when Cosmo peers from behind the tree. Her bright lips somehow dimly shine, despite the lack of light that's able to pierce through the thick foliage above. I stare towards her, distracted by the swirling pool of crimson busting from her lip when Castiel gently shoves me towards the ground.

I try to swing my backpack around to cushion my fall, but even with the extra layer I still land harshly against the ground. Cosmo's dreamy eyes stare down towards me, her flirtatious giggle makes it even harder to hide my embarrassment. I go to shoot Castiel an angry glare, however, as Cosmo hands me her soft hands for aid in getting up, I realise he's done me a favour. His goofy smirk catches my attention and before running over to the rest of the group. He glances quickly towards me, annoyingly miming himself making out with the thin air, before turning him back. Real Mature.

My eyes drift from Castiel back to Cosmo who still standing below the tree. For a moment, we just stare blankly at each other. I take a quick glance towards her lips which only makes my heart beat faster. Could I feel love?

The unsettling feel of normality sets in, and without warning I'm almost transported back to home. As if the jungle somehow folds away replaced with the plaza that is heavily decorated with banners and flourishing flowers. I take a sniff of the air and find comfort in the crisp, fresh smell. I eventually look back towards her and without thinking I creep forward, landing a kiss on her lips. Her thin eyebrows rise, clearly surprised by my instinctive actions.

We both linger in the air afterwards; only for seconds however it felt longer than that. In that moment, I felt free of the games, free of protecting Castiel. I look to my surroundings to see the lively jungle almost moving in the breeze. I turn myself back towards her, but as my eyes lock onto hers, she races back towards the pack. The pain of rejection doesn't get to be felt, the demanding splutter of excitement takes over and for that moment my body becomes momentarily pause. My heart seems to be the only organ moving, its rapid heartbeats moving harshly against my rib cage.

I move swiftly towards the others that surround the sizzling fire pit. The daytime has slowly begun to disappear into the night, making the embers leeching from the pit sparkle in the dark. Each little burst of energy sends spirals of heat and light into the air. I stand aimlessly into the flames when Castiel approaches from the side.

"So... how was it?"

He clearly meant the kiss but as he swoons in closer I push him back. He looks towards me, his smirk slowly fading into a frown. He knows why I'm being like this. I hope he does.

"It was interesting,"

"Interesting? In what way,"

Damn, he's intrigued now.