District 2 Female - VALERIA THRACIUS [3]

NAME: Valeria Thracius (Pronunciation: Va-LEE-REE-ah Thrah-TCHEE-us)

AGE: 18

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: While she isn't necessarily classically beautiful, there is no denying that Valeria is attractive in a more contemporary kind of way: her hair is thick and dark, almost unusually straight, and, while her face is narrower and more pinched than most, it definitely has smooth and pleasing features. Within one look, it would be hard to guess that Valeria trained for these Games; she has a soft-looking body from afar, but the muscles of her core and the wiry ones in her arms aren't to be overlooked. Though she is well-posed for her Games photo, her hair is usually messier and pulled into a rough sort of bun, and she is often coated in dirt or even soot.

PERSONALITY: If there is one word to describe Valeria, it's stubborn: she's completely stuck in her own ways and will not change unless she is forced to by a situation that triggers the one thing more potent than her need to be right - her survival instinct. There is absolutely nothing she wouldn't do to stay alive, although her actions sometimes place her in situations where this proves a difficult thing to do. Besides this, Valeria is highly tactical-minded and collected, making her a perfect soldier - or a perfect tribute. She does nothing in halves, and therefore it shouldn't come as a shock that she has strong opinions regarding just about anything and will stand firmly by each and every one of them. She is in no way hesitant to tell anybody what she thinks, something which has made her a little less than popular in Two.

THE REAPING: Volunteered

WEAPON OF CHOICE: Most things, though she prefers range weapons like throwing knives

TRAINING SCORE: 11

LIFESTYLE: Born to one of Two's more broken victors and one of its top trainers, Valeria was told two varying stories regarding the Games from her birth: the first being that the odds were in no way good and that even the survivor was left in no fit state to live, the second being to go for it and give it her all. Being a daddy's girl, she quickly decided she would never go into them, but wanting to keep the peace with her mother, she agreed to train as best she could and quickly became a top pupil. On her very first day of training, she met her best friend, Irena, who always died with envy of going into the Games. This caused the two girls many arguments, though they always stayed friends in the end. However, by the time the reaping for the Quell came around, it dawned on her that Irena planned on volunteering without permission; thus Valeria did so before she could, knowing full well the top pupil was more likely to escape alive than one in the middle of the pack.

TOKEN: A small ball of steel she'd been planning to weld into a little figurine of herself.