Miami Sea

The race in Baku was a complete disaster, Oscar's steering wheel was not working properly, and then when they tried to change it the car did not work and caused Ozzy to retire. Lando was in P2 and then a sudden crash made him unable to stop properly and killing the car.

Once they were both out of the interview circle, I went with both and tried to cheer them up. Lando of course was really hard to cheer up and left the track as soon as he could. Oscar in the other way was basically about to fight his engineers about the steering wheel shit. It was a mess to be one of Lando's last races with Mclaren.

Ozzy was the kind who ignores everyone he loves after an issue so that he doesn't hurt them unintentionally, so when I tried to speak to him he just looked at me and left for the hotel.

Wow, it had been really bad. I suddenly started getting so many notifications on my phone, that it even made the team stare at me in annoyance because of the sound. But as they didn't stop, they chose to take out their phones too. The McLaren team had just posted the news of me being the new driver. Some were still in shock and some were carrying smiles on their faces and then when the race ended all I could hear was clapping in the garage as Zack grabbed my arm in a proud gesture. I was happy about it but also worried about Oscar and Lando, they were having a rough day and I was here celebrating.

Thank god some days after, Oscar and I were alright again and Lando was feeling himself again. The Miami weekend had arrived and I was so excited for Lando's last race with Mclaren and Lewis' last race. It had been awful after the news came out to the public. Many fans were happy but many others were upset and the rumors started, Has Andrea Sainz bought her place on the team?, Are Andrea and Lando still friends? ect. It was like shit, so many comments from old men telling me that racing was only for men and that I did not deserve that seat. My biggest supporters during that time were Ozzy, Carlos, Lando, Paul, and my dad. There was also a lot of support from Susie Wolff and F1 Academy alongside Girls on Track and McLaren. It wasn't until Mercedes announced the driver change and Lando and I clarified the situation that they kind of stopped.

In other news I loved Miami, I had always been a fan of the Miami Dolphins and I got to meet some of their players alongside Lando and Ozzy. We also made some fun of Logan because he was born somewhere near here and we could just think of how weird it was. I loved Miami.

I got to see Mick more, since now we were not going to be able to see each other as much as we did before and gossip around the paddock.

We were now in the FP1, and Lando was doing great, Ozzy was also doing pretty good by having good times but honestly...Lando was fucking flying today. I hope that I can get there too, and quickly if possible. They both ended up high in the chart and in FP2 it was even better by taking P1 and 2. As they came back, we both congratulated them for their good work and wished them good luck for tomorrow. As me and Paul were talking about the times and the track, he got a message that left him pretty freaked and left. I honestly didn't think anything about it, not until I saw him and Lotte leaving together, oh god...

As I kept thinking about that, Oscar approached me and took me to his room after checking that everyone was in their own business.

"Hey, Ozz-" I said but I was cut off by his lips on mine, I thought it was just a kiss but I felt him asking for permission to enter my mouth which I granted. While we were making out he started to push me to the nearest wall. Every single place of my body was on fire and I didn't want to stop until I realized where we were and that this couldn't continue and separated. As I did, he placed his forehead on mine looking down on me because of his tall body.

"What is it?" He said breathlessly.

"We can't continue doing this in this room Oscar."

"I knooow." He said like a little child while sitting on the little couch in the room.

"Now tell me what got you so happy?"

"You did."

"Well, we need to go outside so we can cool down." I said opening the door checking that no one was seeing and going out with Oscar following me.

"Hey! Don't ignore me, you're really beautiful Di."

"Yeah alright." I had never been that confident about my body or appearance after my ex decided to criticize each part of it, so getting these compliments always got me weird.

"What is up with you not being able to take a compliment." He said now utterly a bit annoyed. "Like honestly just tell me!"

"I was raised by my brother and my Dad's brain, I can't believe you think I would care about it." I said now getting annoyed.

"I can see you were, your attitude is on fire, but so are you." He said now with a worried voice that I ignored.

"Shut up." I said tired of the compliments.

"No. Di, you are on fire, your hair is burning!" He said while I panicked to turn it off.

"Fuck!" I said after I noticed how much hair I lost, now I would have to get a short haircut so I left quickly after that freaking embarrassment.

"Di wait up!" He said while we were in the parking lot."I know you're upset about your hair, but I need the question answered."

"Why do you care so much?"

"I can see it makes you sad and I also care about you."

"It's just, that my ex created many insecurities in me. I can be confident about my talent but not of myself."

"Let's do this, I rented a car here since I was tired of being driven around. We'll go to a hair salon, to get your hair fixed and then to the hotel, have a nice dinner in my room, and then we can talk about it?" He said with a smile.

"That...that would be really nice."

"See, there's the Di I know." He said while kissing my forehead. "Let's go then!" He said leading me to his car and opening the door for me.

We went all the way to the hotel and Oscar ordered room service so that we could eat without the risk of being seen. We talked about each other's insecurities and how we could forget them to the point we were confident with ourselves and each other. After we had dinner we lay in the bed and fell asleep while watching a movie.

 After we had dinner we lay in the bed and fell asleep while watching a movie