Baku 26

Oscar's POV:

I hated it.

That's all I have to say. Hiding from everyone, not being able to show her off, but I still loved her. She was right too, our careers may be in danger. Ugh, why is it so hard hearing her laugh from the other side of the plane?

Andrea's POV:

I hated it so much.

Having to keep it from my family, not only the blood one but the papaya one too. I hated it so much, so I had to check the possibilities.

"Hey Lottie, can I talk to you about something? In private, well this plane isn't too private but..."

"Sure Andi, what is it?"

"Well, it's a...a question. If two persons from the same team started dating, what would happen?"

"Well it's pretty simple, if they changed teams, those teams would have to be mature enough to accept their professionalism. In the case of drivers...well...it's the same but with a plus of huge drama if not handled correctly."

"Oh...ok." I said a bit distracted.

"Andi, I'm your PR. As long as you did try to hide it, I noticed it right away. I get that it's hard, maybe...wait a bit longer. Maybe towards you having a safe spot for next year."

"Yeah, that'd probably be the best."

"And...you can tell by how he sees you. If the whole team wasn't mostly adult men, then everyone would already know." She said and we both laughed. "Anything else that you would like to discuss?"

"Not really, media day is on theeee....?"

"27, Thursday before race weekend in Baku. Don't forget."

"I won't, I'll sleep now. Can you please wake me up when we arrive?"

"Sure."

_________________________________________________________________________

We were finally in Baku, it has been one of my favorite tracks since I was a kid and I can't wait to go in the car for FP1. But for now, I just wanted to get to the hotel and sleep the jet lag away, of course, I can never get a peaceful day and I got a call from my brother.

"Andreita, guess who is coming to this race?"

"Holy shit! Mom and Dad are coming?" I said partly excited and partly nervous.

"Mhm, Blanquita and Ana too. I invited them to come see you on FP1 as McLaren announced your participation on the media, they were sad that they could not attend your race."He said excitedly.

"Yeah...That's...that's great. I can't wait for them to be here."

"Well that is one of the surprises, they're arriving tomorrow after the media day. I was thinking about taking them out for dinner. What do you think?"

"Yeah, that sounds amazing. So...just the five of us?"

"Oh no no, Blanca's husband is coming too and Caco of course! Well actually if you want to bring someone like Charlotte or I don't know a person who my parents would like, then they are welcome to do so. I have to go now, but I'll send the details to you." He said before he hung up.

They were coming, it would be suicidal to try and hide it from them. We tried to hide it as best as we could, but it was impossible. Right now I only had to sleep well so that tomorrow on media day, everything would be fine until the date with Oscar.
Wait! My parents! Oh god! I have to tell Oscar tomorrow morning.

_________________________________Media day________________________

I woke up and took a shower, did everything that I usually do in my daily morning routine and walked super early to the track. The hotel wasn't far, just a couple of kilometers away, as I arrived my brother was at the entrance.