Its Going Down

Andrea's POV:

My alarm went off and I woke up slowly, I thought it was a normal morning, but I felt a weight grabbing my waist.

Oscar...

I knew nothing had happened yesterday at least nothing to regret. When I was alone in my apartment I had started overthinking again and when he arrived, he made my day so much better.

I had always been focused on my career, but Oscar is something I want to focus on too. While taking some glances at him sleeping, he looked so beautiful, so peaceful and so happy. I...I barely met him...but it feels like I've known him forever. When we first had an actual conversation, I felt something, something I can't describe. All I know is I was falling and I was falling hard.

I suddenly felt him moving and his eyes opening. He stared at me too, until we both got out of that weird trance.

"Morning." He said with a cute attractive sleepy voice.

"Morning, I have to get ready now. I'm nervous, but I think a long shower will help. Is your room close?" I said hiding my blush by not making eye contact.

"Yeah, it's actually next to yours so, no problem." We both got up, from the bed and had a bit of breakfast. "Well I need to go but I'll see you on the track I guess." He said indecisive. "Hey about this morni-"

"Oh my look at the time, it's truly late. I'm sorry Oscar I have to get ready now, I don't want to be late." I said interrupting him.

"Oh umm, sure. See ya." He said and left.

I knew exactly what he was going to talk about, yesterday was great, but after so much time not being focused on dating, I was really scared. What if I did something wrong or got my heart broken, I am an F1 driver and F2 champion, and what if I stop being comfortable practicing this sport?

Whatever, today I have to show what I'm capable of. I have to prove everyone who said anything about me wrong, not just for myself, but for the team, Zack, Lando, Mick, my brother, and my little self. To prove to her that what she did was worth it.

I got quickly ready, had some coffee, and read some texts before I drove to the circuit. When I got there I didn't expect the multitude of news reporters, interviewers, journalists, and fans waiting for me. Charlotte was at the entrance waiting for me, thankfully.

"You ready Andi?"

"Yeah."

We started walking through the crowd while stopping to sign some stuff from fans and answer some questions.

"Andrea! How do you feel being the first woman that will race in f1?!" A reporter yelled at my face.

"Oh umm...Quite well actually, it's rewarding to have the honor."

I was asked a few questions more and started walking to the garage still with the crowd following. When entering the garage I could only see Oscar smirking at me while I got into my garage with Charlotte.

"Wow! That's the biggest crowd I've handled!" Charlotte said tiredly.

"Yeah...But it was awesome seeing all those girls waiting for me! Even though they put more pressure on me to do great, it was honestly beautiful." I said with the biggest smile on my face. "Next time, tell me if there's young people who want stuff signed, I'll do it happily."

"Noted. FP3 is starting. You better go and practice before qualifying." Charlotte said and gave me my helmet and uniform. "Prove them wrong." She said and I gave her a nod, I had told her about how I had been feeling since I joined F1 and she had become a huge supporter.

I got into the car and ready to go out of the pit lane, my heart stopped for a minute until my engineer spoke.

"Ready Andi?"

"Always Paul."

"Then let's hit it."

I got out of the pit lane and my heart started beating again, as fast as the car I was driving. It was wonderful, the car felt great, I felt bad for Lando, but I had to focus on this right now.

The practice was about to end and I heard Paul on the radio.

"No fucking way Andi! P4 on FP3. You've got your brother's Ferrari behind you!"

I arrived at the garage and was greeted by the whole team and my brother with cheers, now I had to repeat or get a better result in qualifying, but with this support, I was sure I would.

I went to eat something after the practice and was found by Oscar in the garage, when he saw me he immediately came to hug me and congratulate me.

"It was amazing Di, completely AMAZING! Wow, I was left p6 so I hope I'll catch up with you." He said letting go. "You're going to get something to eat?" He asked.

"Yeah, want to join me?" I said blushing a bit after he called me Di, it didn't sound so bad coming from him.

"Sure my family is not arriving until the qualy, so why wouldn't I." I was shocked for a second but then started walking beside him.

We ate and spoke pretty few words, but it wasn't uncomfortable. It was just
really quiet and awkward.

"Hey...Di...I would like to speak with you about yesterday...I tried this morning but I could see you were avoiding the topic." He said looking directly into my eyes, I felt like he could see my every thought.

"I do want to...but I need to focus Oscar...It was nice of you to come and check on me, but I have to focus. What about we talk about it on Monday huh?" I said.

"If that's what you want, then that's what I want. I don't wish for things to get uncomfortable between us and I liked spending time with you."

I nodded and continued chatting with him as normal while we ate. After some hours, the qualy was announced and we walked together until the garages separated. We both looked at each other.

"Good luck Oscar." I said with a soft smile.

"Good luck Di..."He said and kept still, I suddenly felt his lips on my cheek. Making me get flustered and him laugh while he walked away.

I got into the car, I got into my zone and I can't say it more, but it was all worth it. I got P3...I...I still can't believe it, seriously, I can't even remember how I did it. Everything in the car was great, my life was weird but it was about to be solved, I was feeling amazing.

I got out of the car and I was filled with hugs and congratulations from the whole team, even Oscar and his family. I was kind of worried that he would pull off the same move as before qualifying, but to my surprise, he just hugged me and gave me a wink. He was starting P6 but it was still a good place to be in as two rookies.

 He was starting P6 but it was still a good place to be in as two rookies