Birthday Dinner

Andrea's POV:

Charlotte and I have had many meetings about events and interviews that would go down throughout the month. I was feeling so excited since I would go talk to some girls with the girls on track team. We had arrived two days ago, meaning Oscar's birthday was tomorrow. He requested pasta for his dinner so I would cook it for him, I had to go to a supermarket in the city. As always wearing black glasses and stuff so that I'm not that recognizable.

I kept thinking about how I was falling for this boy, he was amazing. Not like my past boyfriends, he was understanding, sweet, empathic, and even more handsome. It was all so easy with him, and every time he complimented me I couldn't help but feel the butterflies in my stomach.

I got home pretty late since the traffic was horrible, I took a shower, got dressed, and then started preparing some things, I had his small gift ready, some small but pretty decorations, and some blankets for the movie.

Oscar's POV:

I woke up on Friday, finally one week away from race week. But also on my birthday, I answered all the birthday calls and messages from family and friends and some Instagram stories. While I was seeing Instagram, one post caught my attention. Di had posted a story, I immediately saw it and it was the two of us congratulating each other after the past race with a birthday congratulation. Ugh, I wish it could be a cuter photo, so everyone knows she's taken. But we weren't something serious and we couldn't post anything that gave off hints for the drama hunters out there.

I got some breakfast with my sisters only and it was quite fun to be able to talk without the parent pressure.Then we got together with my parents and walked through Shanghai downtown while going into stores and museums.

"So sweetheart, how has your girlfriend been?" My mom asked distractedly.

"Oh umm, Andrea...Di is not my girlfriend, Mom." I said awkwardly.

"I never said her name dear..."My mom said with a smirk.

"Well if you like her you better be quick, she's really pretty, Oscar." Carina said teasingly.

"Well, then I guess I was Senna last weekend." I said distractedly, making all of the women gasp.

"WHAT?" Olivia yelled. They all got into the car to get to the restaurant where we would have lunch and stared at me, including my dad.

"Ummm, what?"

"Tell us everything."

" I'm just having dinner with her after lunch with you guys."

"Oh my god, that's so cute!" Sophia squealed.

"Well, enough about my love life. I'm with you guys and I'm happy to have lunch with you today. We'll talk about Di later, mates." I said with a soft smile.

We drove some minutes to the restaurant, it wasn't too fancy, since I liked to be comfortable. We ordered some food, talked about how my baby sisters were doing at school, etc. I haven't been with them much since I got my place at McLaren, but I missed them dearly. While they were talking I could think about how much Di would love them and they would too.

"So Oscar, we are proud of you every day. We miss your company at home, but it's amazing what you have accomplished. Happy Birthday, kiddo." My dad said with a smile and cheered while the cake came into sight, it was perfect.

When the night came, we parted ways at the hotel. I went quickly to my room and changed my clothes, this time Di had gotten a room five floors up mine so I got into the elevator and arrived.

I knocked on the door and there she was, she had some joggers with a McLaren sweatshirt, her hair up on a claw clip, and wearing a cute overall. She immediately hugged me tight.

"Happy birthday aussi boy! Come on in, I took my time cooking."She said letting me in and closing the door. On a big table, there was pasta, some salad, wine, a small cake, and some flowers in a pot.

"You didn't have to decorate and do all of this for me Di."

"Oh I know, but I wanted to." She said smiling while taking off her overall and her sweatshirt, leaving her in her usual comfortable t-shirt.

"So how was lunch with your family?" She asked.

"Well quite nice, I also had breakfast with my sisters. They love Taylor Swift, so it's their choice of topic to discuss most of the time."

"Oh, I'm sure I'd love them."

"You like Taylor Swift?"

"Who doesn't?" She said making me laugh, my sisters also say that. "Well, let's get to eat, shall we birthday boy?" I nodded.

We ate and talked and after, we saw the movie of Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift. We both loved it and she kept talking about how Han was extremely cool. I pulled her closer to me, I loved to hear her voice, grab her hand, I loved...I couldn't right? We only met a few months ago and I have already fallen in love with her.

While I was thinking I didn't notice that I let her hand go and that she was asking me a question looking in my eyes.

"So Oscar, Han or Brian?" She said staring into my eyes.

What was I about to do? I don't know, but I had to do it. I leaned in quickly and kissed her. She was shocked for a second but then she kissed me back. It was amazing until we both separated. We kept looking into each other's eyes and she started laughing, making me laugh too.

"What is so funny?" I asked between laughs.

"I had been wanting to do that, but I was afraid you didn't want that." She said as I got closer to her and grabbed her face.

"If I ever don't want you to kiss me, then run your car over me. You hear me?" I said and she kissed me again. We ended up watching the rest of the movie and then she stood up and came back with the cake and a little candle in it as she sang Happy Birthday to me.

I blew the candle after the song and I grabbed a fork and ate a bit of the small cake.

"It's kinda late, so if you have to go it's alright. But before, I got you a little present." She said going to her bedside table and grabbing a small box from her drawer. She came back and put it in my hands. I grabbed it and opened it, it was nice of hers to even give me a gift and have to plan a whole date. But the gift was really pretty, it was a bracelet with an F1 car charm. It was so amazing.

"It's perfect, I'll never take it off. Thank you." I said hugging her tightly.

"Well Lando told me you had been wanting something like that...now you better rest, tomorrow we have tons of meetings and training. I'll see you at the gym?" She asked.

"Yep, see you Di." I said and kissed her, then I left and I couldn't stop smiling, it was amazing...She was amazing.

She was amazing