Third Race

Andrea's POV:

It was finally another race, the last one in Saudi Arabia had gone well. P4 for Lando and P5 for Oscar. Now we were on Oscar's home race and we were getting closer to the Red Bulls. Even though I couldn't drive in the races it was nice looking and learning from the main two drivers and main engineers. I was super excited and happy about the Grand Prix. I started to grow closer to the other reserve drivers, since we basically did the same things and sometimes even got to do them together, like an interview next Wednesday. So I started to become really good friends with Liam and Jack.

"Mickey! What's up?" I said to Mick as I saw him walking through the paddock.

"Nothing much Andi, you know how we get to sit and watch these drivers do their thing. Toto has made me come to every grand prix, and he just told me I have to be at every single one of them."

"The same goes for me because we need to be ready every single time." We both laughed and hugged goodbye.

FP1 was starting and Lando was the first driver to go out, most of the teams wanted to get their drivers out there and that was exactly what they did.

Oscar was being quite quick and so was Lando, but I saw how the computers inside the garage had different color graphics. In a moment everyone in the garage, especially engineers, were panicked. The radio didn't work so they couldn't tell Lando that the breaks were not working anymore and he needed to stop.

In the blink of an eye, he crashed. Everyone was worried and I was just in shock, the car was probably fixable for the race, but what about Lando? If it was my turn to drive I'd probably panic, it was too soon.

The security car and the ambulance arrived taking an unconscious Lando out of the car. When every car was back in their garage I made eye contact with Carlos, and we both knew exactly where to go. We both ran towards the medical center and sat on the chairs outside of the room. After some minutes, Mick was there too. He comforted us and spoke with Carlos.

"The session was cancelled, is Lando alright?" Mick said worryingly.

"Excuse me."A voice I didn't know said.

"Yeah?" I said turning my head up to see, the doctor.

"Well, Mr. Norris will be taken to a local general hospital since we are not able to give him the proper treatment. He just had a slight concussion, nothing to worry much, but he won't be able to drive for some weeks." I just nodded and hugged Carlos and Mick. Some seconds went by and we saw how a McLaren team member came to sign some papers and left after looking at me for a bit.

"Landito will be okay hermanita..."

"Yes, I know he will. But...from the inside of the garage, it was seriously scary, I saw how everything went down and I just wanted to do something but I couldn't, no one could." I said with tears in my eyes.

"Hey Andi, he'll be alright." Mick said while he hugged me.

The med center door opened and it was one of Carlos' strategists. "I'm sorry about Lando, to you both. I need to take you to the garage Carlos, I'm sorry."

"Don't be." He said to him and then turned to me. "I'll be back as soon as I can."He said with an apologetic look. "Take care of her, would you?" He said to Mick.

"Always."

I was sitting there, not believing what had happened to Lando. Of course, it was scary but it was scarier that I may have to drive this Sunday's Grand Prix. I was seriously scared and went to one of the rooms in the McLaren small offices after Mick had to go to the Mercedes garage. Nothing was confirmed yet, but I would surely have to drive. I was ready, but what if I had a bad start or a crash like Lando's...