Thirty

comment & vote

In a daze, Salina was led through a luxurious hotel. Dominik held her hand tightly, Fern and Gabriel were on either side of her as well as well as three other Ivanov guards.

She's never really seen the look Dominik has in his eyes at this moment.

It made her heart skip a beat at the sight of what so many people saw in their last moments. Feeling her gaze on the side of his face, Dominik wrapped his arm around her shoulders and tugged her into his side. Leaning down, he kissed her temple gently and then her cheek.

Salina hummed softly when he pulled away, "Ça va?"

is everything okay?

She smiled up at him, nodding once at his question as he strode on determinedly.

"Are you sure, Domo?" She couldn't help but ask, he still had time to change his mind.

"I'm sure," he was facing forward as they walked quickly. Salina gripped his shirt to slow him up, forcing him to look at her.

"Domo... Look at me- you're positive?"

He finally paused, "Mon chèr," he cupped her cheeks. "You are the most important thing to me. I don't have the patience for anymore threats to your safety or our marriage. This isn't the first time they've tested me and it wouldn't have been the last. I'm tired of the threats and the arrogance."

His attention was momentarily torn away when they caught sight of a Russian man that Dominik seemed to recognize. She figured he recognized him because Dominik wasted no time lifting his gun and shooting it straight through the mans skull.

Salina didn't flinch away this time, simply sneering at the loud sound. The single gunshot signaled the okay for all the others in the Ivanov clan- their weapons firing endlessly and killing what Salina knew was Andrei and Irina's guards.

In front of her, Russian was flying from both sides. Dominik was barking orders she didn't even understand and for a moment Salina wondered what she was even doing here. But she knew that neither her nor Dominik wanted to be apart at this moment.

And he would never let anything happen to her.

Gabriel stepped forward, holding his gun pointed down as Fern stepped behind him and kicked the door down. Shrieks, presumably from Irina, echoed out from the hotel as more shots were fired in.

"Wait here," he kissed her cheek again as he casually stepped into the room being lit up with gun fire. Salina frowned, crossing her arms tightly and toying with her sweater.

Sounds of a struggle went on in the room, minutes passing and Salina winced at the sounds of obvious pain and the crunching of bones.

"Baby c'mere," her husband called softly moments later.

Tentatively, she opened the door and just as they did all of the guards filed out. Salina raised a brow when she saw Andrei and Irina tied down to chairs.

Andrei was bleeding profusely from his head, he struggled to focus his eyes on her and Irina clenched her fists tightly in her seat. Her cold eyes were narrowed and her entire body was tense.

"Dominik, stop this nonsense. Message received- untie us. You've already drawn blood," Irina hissed through her clenched teeth as she looked at her husband who sneered at their son.

Salina was watching them warily, feeling Dominik guide her to sit across from his parents. He rubs her shoulders while smirking at his parents over her head.