Eleven

As the sun rose the morning after their argument, Dominik pushed their bedroom door open with a sweaty towel over his shoulder. He'd spent the last few hours in the gym. All he could see was the look of frustration on Salina's face and the tears she was trying to hide from him.

He just couldn't wrap his mind around why she was so hung up about all of this. The business aspect of everything could be handled by him, he'd been doing it alone successfully for years. Maybe he should've been clearer at the very beginning. Sure, he'd expected Salina to fill a certain role around others but she would get that with time. It hasn't even been a month since they were married. There shouldn't be a single concern in her pretty head aside from how her husband could make her life even easier.

That is his role as her husband, he'd decided.

He'd walked past the closet with his feet sinking into their carpet she'd bought to 'cozy up the room'. Just as he got to the bathroom, he froze in the doorway with his back to the bed.

The empty bed.

His heart thudded harder in his chest for a single moment before he assured himself that the odds she could leave without the entire house security notifying him was slim to none. Stalking towards where they slept every other night up until this particular one, he felt her side and it was cold under his touch.

Swallowing hard, he immediately crossed to their bedroom door and opened it rather abruptly. Without stopping he pushed into her crafts room, pausing at the sight of her curled up uncomfortably in her chair. The cat she liked so much slept on top of her. Grunting under his breath, he couldn't help the sigh of relief fall from his mouth. He'd almost forgotten how easy she could leave. Well- it wouldn't be easy for her to leave and he'd never actually allow her to step off the property without a plan to return- but still she could try in theory pretty easily.

Dominik decided he didn't care if she wanted to sit with him day in and day out of his work hours. If she wanted to go through his computer or files endlessly- whatever the fuck- he didn't care. If that placated her for whatever reason, he'd do it. He didn't have to understand her reasoning to agree to anything.

Finally, he stood over her and the only reaction he got was the cat peeking it's eye open but otherwise it didn't move. Spoiled. And fearless. Just like his wife.

Reaching under her knees and cradling her gently, he lifted the both of them up. Salina wouldn't wake up, he'd learned the first week they began sharing a bedroom that the earliest hours of the morning was when she slept the heaviest. But if he made any unnecessary moves or noises within the first hour of her sleep the woman would be up in a heart beat.

Her head wedged against his shoulder, Dominik dropped his nose to rest against her hair. Inhaling her scent, Dominik smelled hints of all the different products she used. Overall, she smelled of vanilla, coconut, and something else sweet that was naturally Salina. Her smell covered the entire house, but it was always strongest when he got to be close to her like this.

Dominik has begun to find it addicting. Afterall, he was from a family of addicts so it only made sense. Everything about her was fascinating and more than once she'd scolded him for openly staring at her in silence. She said it was creepy and he said it was because she is his wife and he's allowed to. He didn't anticipate the marriage being like this. Dominik liked his inner circle and that was it, he knew Salina was his wife since before she knew he existed but that was the end of his planning around their relationship. He hadn't thought past when she was actually his, simply because he had a hundred other fucking things to do all the goddamn time. His parents marriage were arranged and it seemed out of convenience more than anything. That's what he was expecting for his own.